CHAPTER 3 ○ proper introduction

HEY EVERYONE!
I kinda forgot this existed but I'm here to update now! I don't promise I'll update as often but I'll still write <3

This chapter is more- sweet and has a crumb of smalletho because I gotta feed the viewers Yk?

ALSO, I MUST GIVE YOU GUYS AN UPDATE TO THE AU.
--
1. There will be fighting classes which they practice for and have major events where one winner stands. (Aka the life series)

2. When you die during these battles you'll regernate fine in the real world with the use of magic. But in the arena your dead and can feel pain and all that.

3. All curses and deaths will be Canon here too, though some characters may get there own curse or "Tag/name" like Jimmy has the canary curse.

4. When on red, you become more violent but for some people it's either more severe (Joel, Pearl, Grian, Marytn, Scar) and others it's less (Jimmy, Bigb, skizz, impulse, mumbo, lizzy)

5. Each character has there own animal/creature form. EX: grian and jimmy are avians. Pearls a moth. Joel's a wolf and cleos a zombie! (Obv). You'll find out the others soon..

6. When you die during a battle, it'll be more graphic and painful depending on the death.

7. Magic is a commen use in this universe cus its more fantasy. Which is why they are all creatures and only die in battle but respawn and spectate in the real world. LIKE THE HUNGAR GAMES KINDA!-

hope this update is good-

Anyway, enjoy reading!
____________________________________________

JOEL
_____
Joel was in the process of properly fixing his hair now, unlike earlier. He changed his clothes for the day, now wearing brown baggy jeans with a white collar shirt. He tried to fluff his brown wolf ears so they weren't as visible but it was a struggle, he wasn't even gonna attempt with his tail. He kept thinking back to that morning, meeting his roommate and all that. He felt slightly bad for being sorta bitchy, but he was also annoyed for being awoken.

After freshening up, joel grabbed his bag and put his dorm keys, wallet, phone and earbuds inside. He then walked out of his room, closing the rickety door behind him. Joel still felt the guilt from earlier, and was hoping he'd be able to apologize and hopefully give off a better impression than mocking his roommate for breaking a plate. It was a pretty weird conversation, especially since joel was acting like a dick but he was just tired- totally understandable!

He slowly crept down the hallway, trying to see if he could hear anyone but was only met with silence. Joel sighed and walked into the dark empty kitchen and tiny living space. The room was pretty dull and definitely needed some touching up, which joel could plan out in his architecture class. He walked over to the room door, opening it slightly. Right as he was about to walk out he heard a door from behind him creek open, and a shadow loomed over the wall next to him. Joel turned around quickly, only to be met by his mysterious roommate.

"Uhmm.. hello"
The freakishly tall guy said, joel stared for a moment- needing to register the sudden interaction. He answered quickly, shutting the door and standing awkwardly next to it instead.
"UH- hi!"
He said, voice a bit to high pitch for his enjoyment. The roommate glared, probably still ticked off from earlier.
"Right- sorry for being a bi- I mean rude earlier, that was just me being tired. I promise I'm not usually like that"
Joel said, trying not to cuss because it seemed impolite. It was an obvious lie that joel wasn't rude, infact he was rude all the time! Spit roasting his friends and jokingly having a massive ego, it was basically his personality but this random guy didn't need to know that just yet.
"Right.... well anyways your joel right? Your in my PvP class"
Joel's roommate said, seeming unconvinced from joels lies. It caught joel off gaured at first from this guy tha he didn't know, suddenly knowing him.

"I forgot who you where because we haven't had the class in a year- but I just remembered when I told my friend about you being a bitch earlier".
Joel scoffed dramatically, acting offended. This guy- wait.. suddenly memories flooded back to his last main event in his pvp class he had. Everyone called it "Last life" which grian named. Joel smirked, already having a fantastic comeback.
"Yea your etho, aka the person who I killed permanently in the last game. Oh what great times"
Joel said happily, noticing the smallest hint of annoyance in ethos aura.

He watched etho role his eyes, then grab his bag aswell and close his room door. The 2 where now standing in the tiny living room/kitchen together in silence. Joel studied etho for a minute. He noticed how etho was wearing a mask and had snowy white hair. His eyes two different colors, one red. Etho was wearing a puffy black vest and these weird... army green extremely baggy pants? Anyways!- he also wore a white shirt with thick black snow boots.
Etho was way taller than joel, which made him cringe. Joel and etho basically looked the opposite- they didn't seem alike at all so far.. maybe they just had to get to know each other.

"Uhmm.. you ok?" Etho had broken the awkward silence, looking down at joel as if he said something stupid, almost a glare...
"UH! yup! Great, perfect- gonna go find my classes now" Joel suddenly panicked, voice once again pitchy and childish- he then swung open the door of the dorm and ran out, practically running into the wall. Etho walked calmly out of the room and locked it behind him, following Joel down the hallway silently towards the college.

Joel was extremely uncomfortable with the weird tension and silence. He needed some action, or even a conversation- anything. Just a distraction from the previous events. And oh has the lord answered his prayers today- etho cleared his throat first. "I know we where at the same high school last year, just never knew much about you besides that time you beat me in our championship PVP class... how about your friends, tell me about them" etho asked, seemingly noticing Joel's itchy movement's.

Joel didn't hesitate to start blabbering about people he knew, such as grian, lizzy and even some people that didn't even go to his high school! Such as Oli, Fwhip and sausage. He talked the most about jimmy though, especially since those 2 where best friends. "Jimmy's my best mate, call each other babe and bully each other- even make silly explicit jokes and shit" joel went on, giving to much detail on his friendships. Joel hadn't realized it just yet, but etho was listening to every detail, taking in this info to form Joel's personality to get to know him more. But yes, etho did think joel was sorta crazy- especially when he and grian teamed on "LAST LIFE" aka their pvp games. But still, joel seemed like a suitable friend... though etho couldn't help but admire Joel's smile, some hint of evil behind his eyes that hinted red... but etho didn't think much on it. They'd be a great team! Especially for there upcoming PVP sessions they'd have to do together.

"Hey wait.. I don't know anything about you! You better start speaking up" *Joel suddenly said in-between his random nonsense.
Etho glanced over towards him for a second before answering.
"Well, I don't tell strangers much.. but I'm an old friend of grians. We where in the same home room in highschool for most of the years. Also super close with Bdubs and skizz.." etho seemed to be saying his words carefully, as if he didn't want to say much at all. Joel glared for a second before shrugging his shoulders.

They made it onto campus and joel remembered exactly were his architectural class was. He knew grian and him shared the same class which sparked some excitement, but he also knew he'd get bored almost immediately.

"Well my class is over on the other side of campus. I'll see you around!" Joel said, smiling at etho before walking off. Etho watched him leave for a moment thinking to himself.
*Hes sure gonna be an interesting person to deal with...*
Etho walked in the oppisite direction towards his engineering lecture, still thinking of the crazy roommate he'd just met.
---------

I kinda just realized this story ended off really weirdly and wanted to add a proper ending finally. Hope you enjoy this chapter!
Btw, I'm thinking of making etho an artic fox cus I don't know of any other creatures that suite him. If you have any criticism or ideas for a new chapter pls comment and say so! Thank you <3