Chapter 4 •Classes•

This chapter is gonna mention the watchers so lemme explain some lore in this au.
If your a watcher, your put into a specific class dedicated to that.
This is the same for the listeners.
You'll learn who is a watcher and listener in this chapter, and also the punishments and qualities of being one!
Enjoy the chapter~
--------------------------------------------
N

o pov:

Joel and etho walked around the hallways for a few minutes, discussing random topics joel would bring up for no reason while etho listened.

Eventually, the duo separated for their own classes. Joel had architect and engineering, both classes he was fairly good at. It was mostly just going over the work and a few notes, but joel was relived to know he had grian in architect aswell.

Now, joel was walking to his 3rd class. He and grian shared schedules and found they had the same class again, but he was too busy with scar to walk with him. Joel didn't mind though, he liked to be alone! Well he was used to it so he said he liked it- Anyway!!

Joel opened the door to the room, looking around. Joel immediately noticed the stone walls with engravings on them, ones he couldn't understand..
He also noticed a weird symbol on the back wall, right behind where a professor would stand.
The room was large, having a separate door in the very back with huge locks and bars. That immediately gave joel chills, not wanting to know what happened in there.

There was also a huge engraved circle made of obsidian on the right wall, looking like a portal.

Joel walked in slowly. Even though the room was huge, there was only a few chairs with lines of tables..
'Strange..' he thought, taking a seat in the very back.

Eventually, a few other students walked in. Grian and pearl walked side by side, chattering away about nonsense tha was no where near interesting to joel what so ever, but when he noticed grian sitting with her, he immediately was pissed.

They'd planned to sit together, and there the little backstabbing was sitting with pearl. No hate to pearl obviously, she was his sister after all. But now joel was alone, this was gonna suck...

Joel watched as a few other students that he recognized walk in and take three seats, some as confused as he was. Mumbo and scar sat together in the front, whispering things with confused expressions. Gem walked in with.. etho? Joel was confused to see etho here. He expected him to be in the other class, but there he was, giggling in the doorway with the deer hybrid. When gem saw pearl, she immediately went over and started talking with her. Grian eventually saw his cue leave and went and sat with mumbo and scar.

Course he ignored joel AGAIN! stupid little bastard...

While joel was still pissed, glaring daggers into grians skull, he heard the seat next to him shift and someone sit. Joel immediately faltered from his angered state to see the one and only etho himself.

"Hello roomie" Etho said calmly, leaning back into the wooden chair.
Joel stared for a moment before realizing, turning away with pink tinted cheeks.
"Uh- hello? I thought you had the other class" Joel mentioned, fidgeting with his hands.
"I thought you had friends, but here we are" etho answered, his mask hiding his grin. Joel turned harshly towards etho in his seat, "I have friends! I'm tall, handsome and amazing, who wouldn't wanna be friends with me?" Joel barked back, his wolf ears accidentally perking up from his sudden burst.

Etho only raised his eyebrows, looking joel up and down. "Your dfinitely not tall, and don't get so worked up. Your causing a scene little guy" Etho joked, leaning onto the desk.
Joel didn't hesitate to jump up from his seat and start swatting at etho, yelling different insults he could think of. Etho only giggled in response, pushing joel off.

Suddenly the doors opened harshly, making joel stop right before he punched ethos gut. His eyes darted towards the figure in the doorway.

The figure wore a long black hooded coat, with dark purple glowing eyes scattered on it. They also had black and purple wings, different parts glowing a neon purple. They walked calmly to the front of the silent room.

Joel sat down immediately, a sudden need to be as tame and polite as soon as possible washed over him.
The figure began speaking, there voice was warped but not too hard to understand.

"Hello fellow watchers. This is a class that will be important to your life game. You will need to do what your told, stay tame and listen to commands at all costs.
If you cannot follow our rules then you'll be met with our punishments." The figure Stated strictly

"You will call me "The watcher". That is my forever title, and won't be mocked or changed. NOW, can the 3 of my watchers please stand?" The watcher suddenly asked

Joel watched pearl, Scar and grian stand up quickly. The watcher pointed to the center of the room, commanding the 3 to stand there.
The 3 obeyed immediately, quickly scrambling to stand tall infront of the watcher. Grian stood in the center, his hands behind his back.

"These are your 3 winners of the life game that are watchers. These 3 are your stars for the game. You will follow suit, standing tall just like them. Dare disobey and you will be sent to the prison, isn't that rght...grian?" The watcher said strictly, grian nodded quickly right after.

The watcher laughed in a low tone, sending chills up Joel's spine, making his tail curl up underneath the chair. The watcher suddenly snapped and the 3 went to their seats immediately, wasting no time.

After thar strange speech, the watcher went to speak about the basic rules of the future game. Explaining various different rules and basics.
Joel was hardly listening though, his mind not being able to leave the weird speech.. what did it even mean by prison? And what did grian have to do with it.. hell why where they even here?!

Joel's mind fogged up with these thoughts. That was until he caught a fellow "watcher" watching him closely.
He glanced over to see pearl eyeing him strictly. Fear and guilt coating her face..
Why did she look scared? Hell why was she looking at him?!

She shook her head before turning to focus back to the watcher.
Joel knew that was a sighn. That he was a soon target for this things game. A soon puppet to be played. It's next favorite..

----------------------
DONE!
YIPPIEEEEEE
sorry this took ages to come out -!
Just wanted to add a bit of angst and watcher lore.
And yea forgot to mention that I Headcannon pearl and joel as siblings cus they're so similar and have to many parallels lmao... *cough* *cough* DL! pearl and LastL!Joel *cough*

ANYWHO! hope you enjoyed this <3
Btw next chapter will be more etho and joel centric I pinky promise guys I just needed angst ok? I'm a slut for angst...
OK OK love you guys!
Words:1203
-END