Tere Bin

14 months later.

She is tossing and turning on bed. Sweat is running through her skin making her more uncomfortable. Finally she jerked her eyes open, coming back to reality from her dream.

The same dream which is haunting her since past one year. A blast and a car turned upside down. Smoke coming out of everywhere.

She went close towards it and her sister's eyes looking at her helplessly knowing her death is near.

She called her close and whispered with pain, "Chikki Ka dhyan rakhna please....she might have no one".

Naina recalled that conversation again with wet eyes. It's been one year but the pain is still fresh.

She turned to see the kid sleeping peacefully at-least.

She got up to check on him.

She sneaked from the door which is almost closed but not locked. She can spot him shivering and twitching.

Naina's throat choked. She went inside silently and brushed his hairs. He is clutching a picture of Radhi to his chest. She kept stroking his hairs until he drifts back in a peaceful slumber again.

She left soundlessly.

Inside the kitchen she filled a glass of water and stands before her portrait. Her beautiful sister who left the world so soon.

She keeps looking at her as the tears keep falling down.

Today marked one month of her marriage. She got married to her one of the closest person in life but it feels like she is living with a stranger.

He never says a word to her if he can help inside the four walls of this place which no longer is home to anyone.

She remembers the first night after their marriage shenanigans when they came here.

He put her luggage in Chikki's room where she used to sleep before all of this.

She understood and she didn't asked any further questions. It isn't like she was expecting them to have anything else either.

They got married due to Chikki. Rajveer is suffering from severe depression and Chikki is suffering from a lack of attention.

Her parents wanted Chikki to stay with them but Rajveer was vehemently against this. She is only reminder of Radhi and he wants his daughter to be with him.

Naina who is located in the same city ended up sleeping with Chikki most nights.

Although she ended up staying with them previously as well but now neighbours and relatives are questioning this arrangement.

Naina's parents are asking her to leave at night because of all this. But one night after completing death anniversary of Radhi changed everything.

Barsi ceremony triggered severe depression symptoms in Rajveer and he cocooned himself in his bedroom.

Watching him like this Chikki got scared and developed fever. Her fever increased and he never realised throughout the night.

Fortunately Naina came in morning by chance and checked Chikki. They have to admit her in hospital.

It was a wake up call for Rajveer. He had to accept that he is failing as a father and for the first time he considered the option of second marriage.

He can never give love to anyone after Radhi but who will be loving to Chikki after knowing this. Both of their parents want Naina to marry Rajveer. Naina was never interested in marriage and specially in this arrangement.

But Radhi's request kept haunting her every night and she can't see Chikki going to anyone else. She asked that she should be made Chikki's legal caretaker and she will take her complete responsibility but Rajveer again is not convinced. Finally for Chikki's sake they agreed for this.

And now she is here living in this house where each and every thing is haunting her.

She went outside and sits in the balcony swing. There was a time she was scared to go outside alone at such late hours. Leave outside, she never gets up from the bed without switching on the light. But now when everything is screwed up so much, all her fears seems baseless.

She wiped her tears looking at the plants her sister planted with so much love. They are like her extended family only. Now only these plants accepted her as family in this house.

Rajveer never is going to accept her as his wife that's clear from day one but even Chikki didn't accepted her. There are days when she is fine with her but on other days she is temperamental and fussy without limit.

All the neglect she faced after Radhi's death made that little girl confused. She became very impulsive and aggressive.

In last one month there wasn't one day when Naina didn't cried trying to deal with her.

She never felt so lonely before. Even when she stayed alone. But now everyday and every single moment she spends in this house built by Radhi, she felt so lonely that it physically hurts.

This marriage didn't give her a husband that was sure from day one but she never thought she will loose her friend too.

She wiped her freshly formed tears and went again to sleep. Before going inside her room, she peaked in his room.

Once assured that he is fine, she lied at her place again closing her eyes.

As he heard the steps going away, he opens his eyes to look at the picture.

This is the only time of the day when he can freely be with her without any judgements. He didn't realise when he sleeps talking to her and then he started to have those visions again.

Her touch woke him up. But he didn't open his eyes as usual. He doesn't want to talk to her or anyone to be precise. He wants to be left alone. If not for Chikki, he would have ended his life. Still he considered it many times. But Radhi will never forgive him if anything happened to Chikki after her.

His empty eyes are staring at her smiling face from that photo frame.

Dard-E-Dil Ke Bina
Mehfil Hi Kya
Jo Na Toota Kabhi
Woh Dil Hi Kya
Jo Na Toota Kabhi
Woh Dil Hi Kya
Hai Mera Haal Bura
Aur Bura Karde Aa
Mere Zakhmon Ko Zara
Aur Hara Karde Aa
O Bedardeya Yaar Bedardeya

He kept the frame on his bed side and looked outside from window where sun rays are filtering through heavy curtains.

He didn't felt like crying these days as well. It's like he is empty from inside. There is nothing left in him.

There isn't any day when he didn't wished he died that day instead of Radhi.

As the lights get brightened he got up and went for the run. That's the only thing which is keeping him a little bit sane.

As the door clicked closed, Naina opens her eyes. She have to make Chikki get ready for her school.

This is how their life is going on. From one door click to another.