Tere mere darmiyan

It's one am and Naina didn't returned yet.

Rajveer is pacing up and down the drawing room. Chikki is sleeping in his room and he closed his room so that she won't be disturbed.

Her phone is switched off too.

He finally sits down with his head in his hands.

For a change today marks the first day Radhi is not dominating his thoughts at night.

At quarter to two the main door opens and Naina entered.

Rajveer saw in her direction and they exchanged a look before Naina moved towards Chikki's room.

Before she can close the door he hold the door open.

"Where were you?", he asked minding his tone so that Chikki won't get disturbed.

Naina avoided looking at him and took her change of clothes from Almirah.

She is moving towards washroom when he hold her hand to make her turn towards him, "where were you aur phone kyu off tha tumhara?".

She tried to take her hand away from his and when she failed she shouted, "Damit leave my hand".

"Shut up....Chikki will wake up", he said closing her mouth with his hand.

"Suddenly so much care for your daughter Mr. Shekhawat....yad aa gya ki aapki ek beti bhi hai?", she said against his fingers.

"Bakwas band karo....peekar ayi ho tum? Don't you realise we are here with a kid", he admonished her.

"Really you know this that there is a kid here?....anyways she is asleep now. I can be rash once in a while....it's not like you and Radhi never drinks after she slept. Tab nahin yad ata tha tumhe", she said stumbling a little trying to move away from him.

"You are not Radhi....she is much more responsible even when intoxicated", Rajveer said in contempt.

"Of course I am not Radhi....she had 9 months of pregnancy and then 4 years of marriage to get ready for this responsibility. As for me I am just turned from a fun aunt to a primary caretaker over night.....pardon me for my mistakes your highness", Naina replied taking a bow.

"Stop it Naina....go to sleep. I will bring lemon water for you. Drink it before you sleep. I will manage Chikki's school tomorrow", Rajveer said going out of the room.

Naina wiped her tears and went to change.

Suddenly she felt puckish and she vomited.

Rajveer heard the commotion and held her hairs while she emptied her stomach.

He cleaned her mouth while she looked at him with pitiful eyes.

He cleaned up the room after making her lie down.

He made her drink lemon water and covered her with blanket.

He was about to leave when she hold his hand, "I miss you...".

He looked at her with moist eyes.

"Why you went so far away from me? I swear I never wished anything bad for you or Radhi....I know what you think but I never wanted to do anything over that crush....after Radhi I genuinely want you both happy together", she said as his eyes are now welling up.

He put her hand back gently and came out of the room closing it behind him.

He is clenching and unclenching his fists.

All the memories coming back to him. Sudden disappearance of her shook him. However distant he behaved, but he couldn't breathe easy as the night grew dark with her absence.