Kuch kam

Rajveer is making Chikki ready for school when main door opens and Naina came inside with a chart paper in her hand.

"Chikki....please ye leke jana ache se. Tumhara project hai. Tumko 5 type of leaves lagani thi which you find nearby", Naina handed a labelled chart paper to Chikki.

Rajveer looked at him in surprise.

"Uski diary me likha tha....apparently they write everything their...I wasn't aware before", Naina replied his unasked question with a smile.

"Kuch khaya tumne?", she asked Chikki who shakes her head in no.

"I will bread jam", Naina said entering in kitchen.

"Usko late ho jayega Naina...bus abhi ati hogi", Rajveer said.

"Tum chod dena use aaj school. Usne tiffin bhi nai lia hai. Kya khayegi vo school me?", Naina told him off.

"Han par vo ofc...", Rajveer started to say but Naina interrupted, "bahut time hai Ofc ke lie abhi. Get ready to drop her at school".

Naina made a quick bread jam for her breakfast and cut fruits for her morning break at school.

After Rajveer made her sleep, she again woke up for vomiting. After that she wasn't able to sleep and her brain wandered how much the poor girl is suffering from all this.

At night she realised, Radhi always checks her diary after Chikki comes to home everyday post school. Naina got up immediately and checked her diary.

She found old notes for her exams and drawing competition. She noticed she is due for a small project tomorrow which she completed in the morning.

"Slow progress", she thought with a smile as closing the door after seeing them off. Chikki said bye to her with a cute smile as Naina made her a smiley on bread jam with chocolate sauce.

Naina sighed deeply and prepared a cup of tea for herself.

May be she needs to change her approach with Chikki. Being just like Radhi for her food habits is not making her comfortable as she thought. Being Naina and spoiling her with junk food is also not a good approach. Something midway can be tried, she thought with a small smile.

She looked around to see the plants looked neglected as well.

She took a scissor and trimmed them after watering them. A beautiful aroma of freshly watered soil is filling the air and it brings a beautiful smile on her. This is her favourite fragrance....mitti ki khushboo.

It reminds her of those days when she sneaked here lying to Rajveer about some work and have gossip sessions with Radhi.

"How was your honeymoon", Naina asked with a wink.

She lied to Rajveer that she needs an urgent signature on some paper which she already got. Now she is having tea with Radhi eating her delicious freshly baked cookies.

"Good....", Radhi said taking a sip of tea looking away.

"Kamini...shakal dekh apni. It's red like a tomato. It was just obviously not just good", Naina teased her.

"Shutup Yar....vaise it was actually awesome. He is just too good in bed", Radhi said with wistful eyes.

"What....really?", Naina asked interested.

"Yep. You have missed out behana....he is just too hot to handle. Bahar se jitna sharif dikhta hai na....andar se bilkul nahin hai", Radhi is telling her with a grin.

"Bahar se bhi nahin hai sharif. It's just you that his soft side is reserved for. Office staff se puch....puri gaaliyon ki dukan lagayenge uske lie", Naina said laughing aloud.

"Whatever....unka to boss hai na. Aise bhi sabko sharafat dikhani bhi nahin chahiye.....you know laaton ke bhut baaton se nahin mante types", Radhi teased Naina further.

"Batati hu tujhe abhi...", Naina said hitting Radhi playfully.

"Chal I am happy that you are santusht.......kam se kam hum dono me se kisi ko to action mil rha hai", Naina said with a grin.

Radhi's face dropped a little.

"Vaise I am sorry Yar. I know it must be a little weird for you seeing him with me....pata nai kyu you forced me....", Radhi said with disappointment.

"Tu pagal hai Radhi....ab bhi vahin sab me fasi hai. You guys are married. I am not pinning for my sister's husband", Naina said rolling her eyes.

"Han but you liked him and for so long. I never understood why you gave up your chance with him and pushed me to go out with him", Radhi asked seriously this time.

"Kyuki we weren't meant to be Radhi.....tu soch I was working with him for past one year. Hum Har weekend sath khelte the...had many meals together but he never asked me out....but just after seeing you once he got attracted to you......", Naina told sincerely.

"But tu bhi puch sakti thi use.....aur agar vo na bhi kahta to bhi being with my sister's attraction is not sis code na", Radhi finally voiced the thought due which she always felt guilty.

"Dekh he was never attracted to me. Aisa kuch hota to he never would have asked you out. And everything apart, he is a nice guy and my very good friend. I wish him well and if he ends up with my sister who I know is a gem of person then what's the harm for me", Naina said pulling Radhi's cheeks.

Radhi smiled at that.

They finished the cookies and Naina rushed to office as there were 4 miscalls for her already by Rajveer.

Radhi looked at her leave and waved back with a sadness spreading inside. She knew her sister to know that Rajveer is still special for her.

Naina has given up any hopes for him the second he asked her out. But Radhi has seen her still doting on him.

She started pushing her for exploring new options. Naina started dating too. But everything is casual for her.

Whenever someone is even interested for making things serious she will back out stating some silly issue. Although it happens rarely as casual is the territory she play around with.

Naina opens the dating app after months. There are so many pending requests which holds no interest for her anymore.

She uninstalled the app, suspending her membership. She might be keeping it as a backup may be.

But yesterday's blow out of Chikki reminded her of her priorities. Chikki.....Chikki is her priority!

She still feels bad about the way she reacted but she is a kid after all. She used to say some mean things before as well. She doesn't understand that she is hurting her.

Naina wiped her eyes and got up to be ready for office.

That's one place which is the solace for her. Things are still somewhat better there.

Best thing is that she qualified as a CA now!! Rajveer divided their work and handed her some clients independently. However he is at home, in office he is cordial and professional.

He never smiles or even have outbursts like before in office as well. But he is working as efficiently as ever.

Naina was ready by the time Rajveer came.

She didn't said anything when he came back and he left to get ready as well.

They ate their breakfast in silence.

"I will pick up Chikki today from school", Rajveer said giving her the keys.

It was then Naina realised that Rajveer drove the car for the first time after that accident.