Chapter 5~ Red Crow Princess

"Come on my little raven punch harder. I know you have it in you."
Cuma Zoey's father would say to her. Zoey was a child with punching gloves on. Punching a fake dummy. She tried to punch harder but she couldn't. She started to get upset and tears filled her eyes. Her father knelt to her. Wiping her eyes.

"It's okay you know gloves never worked well with us. Let's try it without the gloves."
He would say while taking the gloves off of her. He would smile at her while Zoey would frown at him.

"You know crying can either show weakness or strength when it comes to a fight. You can use your tears for strength or you can use them to show your softer side. But only show them to the right or wrong people."
He would say. She didn't quite understand but as she got older she would completely understand.

"Now try again."
He got up while holding the gloves. Zoey looked down at her hands now free from the gloves. As she would then glare up at the dummy punching it as hard as she could. Making the dummy fall backward. Zoey got a big smile on her face as she turned to face her father. Proud of herself though her hand did hurt a bit it didn't bother her. Her dad would smile at her proud of her as well. He knew she would have potential. Her mother Sasha would come out holding a tray of sandwiches and lemonade. It seemed to be summer weather. Her mother would smile at her before looking behind Zoey. Her mother's smile would soon turn into a scared look as she dropped the tray. Screaming and starting to cry as she was then shot. Zoey's child-like eyes would widen then she would turn to see her father bleeding face down on the grass. As Zoey looked up all she could see was a masked man with a gun.
   Zoey woke up in a cold sweat. Quickly looking around she soon calmed down. Realizing it was just a dream. A bad dream that she would have reoccurring sometimes. She would see Kakashi out in the corner of her eye. She looked over to see him placing a glass of water down at her side table beside her. She had a weird feeling and wondered what he was doing.

"What are you doing in here Kakashi?"
She would slightly glare at him. It was the middle of the night. Usually, no one is allowed in each other's rooms at night. Whiskers was asleep on his bed on the floor across the room. Apparently, Kakashi was quiet enough that Whiskers didn't detect him.

"My lady I didn't mean to startle you

"My lady I didn't mean to startle you. I heard your night terrors and just wanted to make sure you were okay."
Kakashi would say in his mellow tone. Zoey knew she didn't have night terrors. Or she did she wasn't too sure. She had a weird feeling in her gut. Why would Kakashi be here in the middle of the night.

"Are you lying to me?"
Zoey would narrow her eyes trying to see through Kakashi. Kakashi stayed quiet as he stood still. Still enough to look like he wasn't breathing.

"Ka-"
Before she could speak to him again he spoke in a deep tone.

"I'm sorry my lady I simply just wanted to check on you. I am not lying nor will I ever lie to you."
He bowed slowly as he didn't bother to avoid eye contact. She wasn't sure but she was still tired and didn't want to keep going on with it.