Chapter 6~ Black Snake Cult

I've only ever had nightmares growing up and now. Why is it that last night was the night I didn't have one. The dream started with me in a cave. It was dark and moist. I seemed to be the only person there. Touching the side of the walls I found my way out of the cave. Coming out to dark clouds and fresh air. I was surrounded by trees, I was in a forest that I'd never seen before. Above me, I can hear a crow that seemed to be watching me. The crow had red-like eyes. The bird would fly away and I had a feeling to follow it. As I tried to keep up with it the crow finally stopped. Landing on a big boulder and transforming into a woman. The face was blurred so I couldn't recognize her. She was wearing a black dress made of feathers. She had crow wings and long red hair. She was sitting on the boulder with her legs crossed. I would look up at her from the ground. As she tried to speak it was distorted and hard to make out.

I couldn't understand what she was saying

I couldn't understand what she was saying. She was beautiful despite not seeing her face. I felt a connection towards her like I needed to be with her. After her so-called talk, she would turn back into a crow and fly away. I watched her take off wondering where she was headed too. I looked back at the spot where she was sitting. A single crow feather lay there. I would go and pick it up touching the sides of the feather. The feather was soft and smooth. As I continued to stroke the feather I felt something touch my shoulder. Turning back to see what it was I woke up.

Sitting up quickly in my black and blue sheets. The sun was peering through the cracks of the curtains. The light shining through my eyes almost blinds me. I would lift my hand to cover the sun. Looking around the dark oak-colored room. I sighed knowing now I was dreaming. Getting up from my bed and heading to my wardrobe. Putting on my suit for the day. Which was a black tux with a bowtie. Always had to dress in top shape when it came to my father. After getting dressed I headed out of my room. Walking down the long dark hallway. Both sides of me were paintings of our families. All with unhappy faces. Just me my father and younger brother. No mother in sight or mind. Finally getting to the grand kitchen. All I could see were servants cooking. I was hoping to find my brother. He would usually be in the kitchen in the mornings. Drinking his nasty black coffee. I at least like to add a bit of sugar and cream to mine.
Turning around and heading up to his room. Hopefully, he was still just waking up. It was pretty early in the morning. That's the time we usually get up anyway. Our father is always the first one up before us. Working in his office mostly or out on missions. Walking past the same paintings I finally got to his room door. Knocking softly and waiting for an answer. It was quiet so I turned the knob and peeked inside. The room was empty and he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"What do you think you're doing?"
A stern voice said behind me. I turned to see my brother standing there. He was just a tad shorter than me and had bright purple hair with purple eyes. He was wearing his usual outfit. Consisting of a purple and black tux with a purple bowtie.