25. Chapter Twenty-Five.

My eyes fluttered open, greeted by the gentle morning light that filtered through the curtains. With a languid stretch, I relished the afterglow of the passionate night Dimitri and I had shared.

A contented smile curved my lips, an unspoken testament to the hours we'd lost ourselves in each other's arms, the world outside fading into insignificance until the early hours.

However, as my hand instinctively reached for Dimitri, it met only the cool touch of empty sheets. A spark of curiosity ignited within me. Where had he gone in these early hours? While the vivid memories of our shared passion still danced in my mind.

I mean, it would've been nice to have woken up in my lovers arms.

My gaze shifted to the baby monitor resting on the nightstand, and my heart momentarily skipped a beat. Our precious Demitrius lay still in his crib, his tiny chest rising and falling in the blissful embrace of slumber.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips. It was a comforting sight to see him exactly where he was meant to be, especially considering my usual mornings when I'd wake up to find him already whisked away into someone else's arms.

With the sense of reassurance, I stepped into the bathroom, my search for Dimitri continuing to pique my curiosity. Yet, as I glanced around, there was no sign of him.

Determining to freshen up, I splashed my face with cold water, the sensation jolting me into wakefulness. Running my fingers through my disheveled hair, I couldn't help but feel a growing sense of wonder and questions swirling in my mind, a mystery that begged for an answer.

The comforting rush of warm water in the shower effectively banished the lingering traces of sleep, leaving me with a sense of rejuvenation that my morning routine always brought.

Post-shower, I walked over to Demitrius's crib, where I found him awake and ready for a new day. Gently, I cradled him in my arms, his curious eyes meeting mine as I planted a tender kiss on his soft temple. It was evident that hunger was calling him, so I began to feed him, cherishing these intimate moments together.

After he had his fill, I decided it was time to give him a thorough cleaning, knowing that a fresh start to the day would set the right tone for both of us.

"I wonder where your daddy is at," I cooed, showering his cheek with gentle kisses after I'd gotten him fresh and ready for the day.

Usually, Dimitri would be here by now, making sure both of us were up and about, but not this morning. Holding Demitrius in my arms, I only made it to the top of the stairway before he was swiftly scooped out of my embrace by his eager uncles, Ricco and Nicco.

The twins inundated their nephew with playful kisses and laughter, their boundless energy a stark contrast to the quiet start of our day. It was a heartwarming sight to witness, Demitrius surrounded by the love and antics of his uncles, a family that cherished him so dearly.

As I entered the kitchen, I quickly realized that it was empty, devoid of any signs of activity.

"Where's Dimitri?" I inquired, a note of curiosity and slight concern in my voice.

Nico, one of the twins, looked up and replied, "Didn't he tell you?"

"No," I responded, my brows furrowing with a touch of confusion.

"He's gone away for a bit but should be back soon," they assured me, their words putting my worries to rest, even though the reason for his sudden absence remained a mystery.

I nodded in response, not wanting to appear overly clingy, but a nagging feeling remained in the back of my mind as I sat to have breakfast. Dimitri had mentioned he had something to discuss with me, but in the heat of the moment, it had slipped my attention.