★❆ | comfort

kanao x fem!reader

kanao x fem!reader

request by ; RyeFlower

THE AIR WAS COLD, SENDING GOOSEBUMPS DOWN YOUR ARMS AS YOU HUG THEM AROUND YOUR KNEES, CRADLING THEM TO YOUR CHEST.

your expression was grim, chin buried between the folds of your arms. 

you push your [hair colour] hair behind your back, [eye colour] eyes shutting.

your heart ached and your head throbbed from all the crying you had been doing.

yes, it had been months. but it hurt. your big brother.. he passed. the beloved flame hashira. he was your rock, and then he was washed away by the wave that was uppermoon 3.

but you couldn't even cry in the comfort of your own home.

your father. he had changed since the death of your mother. he was brutal. an alcoholic.

any signs of sadness over your brother in that house and he would shout he's a failure and that you or your younger brother, senjuro, were weak.

it was hard. such an important person in your life and the only place you could find to grieve was the butterfly estate.

you sniffle, wiping your tears and taking deep breaths.

you were better than you were when he had first been killed, but you still grieved. you knew it was apart of the job, after all, you were a slayer too. but it was just all that much different for you.

you sigh, shaking your head and extending your legs into the warm sun.

you blink as someone sits beside you, blinking and perking up slightly as you turn, seeing kanao.

she was the tsuguko of the insect hashira. she was a quiet, reserved girl but lately she had been opening up a whole lot more. you two were what you could consider friends, though sometimes it was hard to tell with her.

but one thing you couldn't ignore was the thumping of your heart in your chest every time she was near.

you smile slightly at her and she smiles slightly back.

"are you alright?" she asks in her light, airy voice.

you look down at your lap, "i'm okay"

she continues to stare at you, you look up and meet her eyes, feeling your cheeks flush slightly.

she stands up and you blink, slightly confused she'd walk away just like that.

but she looks down at you, extending her hand.

you blink owlishly, but take her hand and stand.

it seemed almost natural she didn't pull her hand away as she started to lead you somewhere.

you stare at her as you both walk, "where are we going?"

she just hums, ignoring your question.

you eye her slightly, she seemed very fidgety and flushed.

it wasn't until ylu had exited the butterfly estate you both noticed your still intertwined hands.

you both turn bright red, pulling away quickly.

but as if mimicking eachother, you both turned away and held your hand to your chest.

after a moment, kanao continued leading you along.

the skirt of your uniform flowed slightly as the light breeze picks up both your hairs.

you scan your surroundings as kanao leads you forward.

suddenly, she pauses.

you pause too, tilting your head slightly.

she murmurs something, fidgeting with her fingers and twiddling her thumbs.

you blink.

"p-please, close your eyes" she squeezes her own eyes shut.

you blink owlishly but shut your eyes, eyelashes fluttering.

she takes your hand again and you both flush.

you only walked for a few more minutes before you both stopped.

your hand tingled as she took hers away.

"open"

you slowly fluttered open your eyes.

they went wide as they were met with a big, beautiful flower field. flowers of all kind grew. tulips, roses, sunflowers, baby breaths.

such an odd but beautiful combination.

you miss as kanao turns to you, watching as your lips part in utter awe.

"beautiful.." kanao murmured.

you blink, "huh?"

her face steams, "i-it's beautiful" she stutters, shaking her head.

you nod, "it's beautiful" you agreed.

kanao smiled as your body relaxed, a gentle, genuine smile on your face.

you two ventured the flower fields, picking flowers and making flower crowns, cheeks flushed the whole time as the sun beamed down on you both.

you felt light. happy.

soon, you too settled, laying in a patch of grass and just cloudgazing, fingers inches apart.

you blink as kanao suddenly sits up.

you follow her move, turning to her.

she slowly turns to you, cheeks blazing.

she really quickly and quietly whispers something.

you blink, "huh?"

she takes a deep breath, "[NAME] I REALLY LIKE YOU, WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME?!" 

your face turns an intense shade of red as you gape.

she fidgets with her fingers nervously, peeking up at your crimson face.

your lips twitch.

you squeeze your eyes and mouth shut before pouncing at kanao and hugging her tightly.

her face now turns crimson as she slowly hugs you back.

grins break on both your faces as you hug tightly before you go up and your elbows, placing a gentle kiss on her lips.