Chapter I

When I catch Gege for chapter 236... I have been mourning, and so is Soobin. God help me.

(Y/n) watched as her adoptive parents in excitement read through the letter that was delivered today. At first glance, the letter looked ordinary, and the overly tired (Y/n) paid it no mind as her father took it out of her hands and opened it.

But as she watched his and her mom's expressions change into excited ones, she could tell it was not ordinary at all. And so, what she thought would be a quiet evening after winning the Nationals, it became quite a turmoil of her mom and dad telling her what to prepare, from clothes to shoes.

"Oooh! The JFU itself invited you to this?! I am so proud of you, my son!"
The girl looked as them nervously for a moment.
'Of course... son.'
"Mom, dad... I don't think that project is good for me." (Y/n) spoke up quietly. She looked at her parents nervously as the excitement faded from their eyes.
"What do you mean? (Y/n), of course this is for you."
"Yeah, otherwise you wouldn't have been invited."
"But... that project is for boys." (Y/n) spoke up again.
"And? You are our boy!"

"Mom, I am not. I have been pretending to be a boy for the past 8 years, ever since you two adopted me." She took a deep breath as all the resentment and anger towards the two adults in front of her started bubbling up.
"I am tired of pretending to be someone I am not. I am a girl, I have been one since I was born." Her voice quivered a little as she noticed the stern looks on their faces, but continued.
"I... I just want to be me. And while football is my passion... I want to play as a girl-"
"Silence!" Her dad finally yelled, which caused her to cover away a little.

"You are a boy, you have been our son for years. We took you in and fed you when nobody else wanted to. We even allowed you to grow out your hair and keep your old name. The least you can do is be our son. Right?" The man's loud voice turned softer as he walked up to the shaking girl, who slowly nodded her head.
"Right...." She slowly nodded her head.

Her mom, happy with the conclusion of the argument, clapped her hands and took (Y/n)'s hand.
"Come on now, I need you to change clothes. We have that dinner date with Mikage-san. They want to celebrate the win with us and their son." The woman said as she pushed (Y/n) to her room. The girl silently sighed, knowing she would never be free from this madness.

The next day (Y/n) was with her two friends and teammates during break as they talked about the letters all of them got.
"So you two got invited as well?" Nagi asked absent-mindedly as he took a bite from the food that (Y/n) was offering him.

"Yeah, I found mine yesterday in the mailbox. Are you two going?" (Y/n) wondered as Reo pushed her food away from Nagi.
"Stop eating his food, idiot. And yeah, I am going."
"Me too. I have nothing better to do." Reo and Nagi answered, then looked expectedly at (Y/n), who thought it over for a moment.
"I guess I will, too. It's not like my parents give me much of a choice." (Y/n) answered, fixing up her ponytail. The two smiled a little at her answer, and Reo wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"That's great! The three of us will be together more often now." Reo said with his usual smile, and (Y/n) simply nodded her head.
"Sure... I just need to go to the restroom for a moment. I will be back." She said simply and got up from her chair, leaving the two boys alone.

Reo and Nagi's smiles fell, and both looked at (Y/n)'s bag, then nodded at each other.
"You sure you saw it?" Nagi asked as he opened her bag, rummaging through the different items inside.
"I saw that girl put a letter into his bag during class, and another one during our short break. Did you find them?"
"One moment... ah! Found them!" Nagi exclaimed as he pulled the letters out, sneering for a moment when Reo took them out of his hands.

"Great. Now we destroy them, like usually." Reo smirked and started ripping the envelopes as Nagi nodded his head.
"Remember what I said, we need to do whatever we can to keep (Y/n) focused on us. I won't let some random girl steal him from me... from us."
"And what if he eventually finds someone?" Nagi wondered, jealousy bubbling up inside of him as he watched Reo throw the letter into the trash can.

"Money can buy anything, Nagi." Reo said calmly, a sinister smile attached to his face.
"Emotions, silence, or something else, money will handle it. (Y/n) is too precious for us to let him be taken away." Reo said seriously as he sat across from Nagi.
"Mhm. We need to make sure to keep him isolated from the other players. We can't let someone steal the limelight from us." Nagi added in as the door opened again.

"What are you two so quiet about?" (Y/n) wondered as she walked to her friends and sat down on an empty chair.
"Nothing!" Nagi and Reo exclaimed as the other wrapped his arm around her shoulder.
"Nothing, really."

Finally, the day had come. (Y/n), along with her two friends, were finally at the building where the Blue Lock project will be introduced to them. She could feel excitement, but also dread fill up her body as she noticed how many talented high school players actually came to this one place. All of them had a better record than she did with football, which pretty much started discouraging her off the bet.

Lifting her head up, (Y/n) decided to inspect the room as Nagi and Reo talked about something. She noticed a lot of familiar faces from their previous games. One stood out in particular to her.
'That's Barou Shouei! I remember him from the semi-finals! I am not surprised he is here.' She thought, finishing inspecting the red-eyed boy and moved on. Then, her eyes slowly fell on another familiar white-haired boy.

'And that's that Kira guy... he was a tough one in the final game. Huh? Who is that next to him?' (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, noticing a dark blue-haired boy next to Kira, one she never saw in her life.
'That's odd... maybe he is some rookie, but why would he be here then?' She wondered, inspecting the boy a little bit more. As if sensing her stares, the boy turned around to look at her. They made brief eye-contact, and (Y/n) looked away, embarrassed to have been caught.

'But... who is he? And why is he so... he seems so different from the rest here.' (Y/n) thought, interested in the blue-eyed boy. But, before she could think more, Nagi and Reo put their hands on each side of her face and turned her to face the podium.
"It's starting." Reo warned as Nagi rested his head on (Y/n)'s shoulder.
'He smells so nice.' The white-haired boy thought, closing his eyes.

"Welcome, unpolished gems!" A voice boomed through the hall as everyone turned to look at the man speaking.
'Who is he now?!'

PS: Anyway, welcome to this madness. If it flops, it never happened