Chapter II

(Y/n) while pointing at Kaiser: You ever saw a man, and you just knew from the way he looks that he never shuts up?

(Y/n) blinked a few times as she looked at the man standing in front of the large group of football players. He had black, bowl-cut hair and comically round glasses. She wasn't sure who he was or what his deal witht entrance was, but she could only guess that he was the organizer.
'Edna Mode looking ass.' (Y/n) chuckled at the thought, earning a questioning look from Reo.
"Are you ok?"
"Y-yeah." (Y/n) answered back, covering her mouth and trying to prevent herself from laughing.

Nagi blinked at her a few times, then leaned his body against hers... with his full weight.
"I am sleepy." The boy said, surprising the girl, causing her to lose balance, and ultimately both fell onto the ground.
"Nagi... get off of me. You weight like a pig." (Y/n) whisper-yelled, but Nagi just shrugged his shoulders.
"I like it here... did you change your shampoo? It isn't the usual vanilla scent." Nagi commented, sniffing her hair.
"What?" She asked, startled by his question.

But, before Nagi could answer, Reo pushed him off of (Y/n) and helped her up, all the while sending side glares at the albino boy.
"Just ignore him." Reo answered back as (Y/n) got up.
'Why am I friends with them again?' She wondered, looking back at the man.

"According to my personal judgment, all of you present are the best strikers under 18. My name is Ego Jinpachi, I was hired to give Japan the World Cup victory."
"Ego... Jinpachi?" (Y/n) muttered, the name sounding familiar for some odd reason.
"Do you know him?" Nagi asked, but the girl just shook her head.
"No... but the name sounds familiar for some odd reason."
"I'll say this plainly. Only one thing is necessary for Japanese football to become the best in the world. The birth of a revolutionary striker. With all of you here... I will conduct an experiment to create the world's best striker. This facility was created for that purpose only."

Suddenly, the screen behind Ego lit up, showing a pentagon symbol and pictures of different rooms. Above all of that, the words 'BLUE LOCK' were written in bold letters.
"Blue Lock. Starting today, you'll all be living here together... while undergoing the special training I've devised. You can't go home, and this marks the end of your previous football career."
Hearing those words, (Y/n) gulped as her eyes widened, but unlike the rest, she didn't feel panic or sadness. She felt relieved.

'Not going... home... to that place.'
Reo and Nagi put their hands on her shoulders, thinking the shaking of her fists was out of sadness.
"The last remaining person here will become the World's best striker. That concludes my explanation. Thank you." Ego bowed as the room fell silent for a moment.
'Forget becoming the best striker! I don't have to go home!'(Y/n) held back a grin as a white-haired boy spoke up.
"Excuse me! I can't consent to your explanation!"

'Huh? That's the Kira guy... wasn't he at the nationals last year?' (Y/n) thought as the boy spoke up again.
"Each of us have our own precious teams. And some of us have nationals to prepare for. Running off to a place like this, I just can't. I won't abandon my team to participate in that."
(Y/n) yawned at that as more ruckus started.

'You are not the next coming of Messi. Calm down, Kira.' She thought, remembering how bad his performance last year during the Nationals was.
'But this facility did come out of the blue... Japanese media doesn't care much about football, and neither does the general public. Does the JFA want more tax money? This dude doesn't seem to care about that.' (Y/n) wondered as she eyed Ego up and down.

"Then piss off. If you want to leave, I won't stop you."
(Y/n) got a little startled by Ego's response.
"This guy is weird." Nagi muttered.
"Yeah, there is something off about him." Reo added in.
"This whole place is off."
"Instead of becoming the World's best striker, you'd  rather be the best high schooler in our country's football backwater?"
"He is quite harsh with his words... why are you two hanging off of me?" (Y/n) sweat dropped when she realized now both boys were resting on her shoulders.
"Just because."
"You are very warm."