Chapter VIII

My friend said that Kaiser looks like his parents would sell him for a pair of those Adidas slippers, and I never recovered from that☠️☠️☠️

'I still have a few hours to meet up with Isagi... I hope we can figure out what is wrong with Chigiri.' (Y/n) thought as she sat on her futon, looking around the room. Some of her teammates were out doing God knows what, some, like Barou, were resting or sleeping. Deciding to follow Barou's example, she laid down on her bed and sighed. The futon was far less comfortable than her bed back home, but she felt a lot better here than there.
'At least nobody here will threaten me they will send me back to the orphanage. The only downside is that I lost 2 people I believed were my friends or something close to friends.' She thought sadly as she kept her gaze on the ceiling.
'Was it because of how I acted at the beginning? I didn't think I was rude or anything...'

Flashback....
Hakuho high...
(Y/n) stared at the purple-haired boy, Reo Mikage, and the white-haired boy, whom she came to know as Nagi Seishiro. Of all the things she expected of the day, these two beginning her to join the football team was not one of them.
"So?" Reo asked, expecting her to agree.
"Why would I agree to letting you two join, Mikage-san?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow.
"Reo, call me Reo. And, you saw what Nagi over here did at the staircase with the phone, and I am a pretty fast learner. We are both good additions to the team." The purple-haired boy argued as Nagi silently stared at her.

"I understand, but I can't just simply take you guys in as starters. Sure, what Nagi-san did was good, but it's something a few of our other starters can do as well. I am sorry, but I can't let inexperienced players like you two into our starting line-up." (Y/n) answered truthfully, ignoring the way Reo flinched.
"It's just Nagi." The white-haired boy argued.
"I don't know you two that well. Let's keep it this way."
"Well, you can practice with us, and we can learn from you. If we can't be starters now, we can at least be on the bench until you see us fit to play." Reo spoke up after a short silence.

"Hmmm...." She hummed, looking between the two boys.
'While new additions here are welcome, I don't know. It's not that they don't have potential, but letting them join in the middle of everything might not be the best of ideas. We can't lose now that we are close to the nationals.'
"Fine. Fine, I will write you two up and speak to the coach about it."
Reo smiled brightly at that as Nagi simply hummed while looking at her.
"You won't regret that one!" The purple-haired boy exclaimed as (Y/n) slowly nodded her head.

"Ok, if you say so. For now, you two will be sitting on the bench. Tomorrow after school I will teach you two some basics first. Depending on how you do there, I will make a training program for you two."
"Sure! But why can't we start now?" Reo wondered.
"Ok." Nagi said nonchalantly, not really interested in Reo's question.
'This is the first time he spoke in the past 30 minutes.' (Y/n) thought in surprise as she glanced at Nagi.

"Isabella asked me to go shopping with her. Can't do it today." She shrugged her shoulders.
"You are still friends with her?" Reo asked in surprise.
"Got a problem with that?"
"N-not at all." The purple-haired boy stuttered back as he noticed the glare on (Y/n)'s face.
'That's weird. Everyone says he is stuck up and emotionless. Why does he act so different now?' Nagi thought. The sight of the (h/c)-haired girl glaring was not something he was used to.

Present time...
'That can't be it... they never showed they hated me doubting them. And besides, they couldn't expect me to accept their offer when they never played football before.' (Y/n) closed her eyes and hummed a few times.
'I will sleep for a bit.'
A short while later, the girl fell into a slumber.

Barou glanced back at her, wanting to ask something, but stopped when he noticed she was sound asleep. Sighing, the red-haired boy took his duvet and walked over to the girl.
'Idiot, you will get sick.' Barou thought as he put the duvet over her body, blushing a little when he looked at her sleeping face.
'He looks cute like this- Wait! He is a guy! Why are you thinking like this?!' He shook his head and silently walked back to his futon.
"This is ridiculous...' He muttered to himself.