Chapter V

Some wholesome Kaiser and YN interactions 😍
Kaiser: On your knees.
Crossdresser!Yn:... Is that what your dad said to your-
Kaiser: SHUT THE FUCK UP! Don't even finish that
Crossdresser!Yn:...
Kaiser:...
Crossdresser!Yn: Your mom.

The next morning, Team X expected at least a peaceful start, but with their 2 top players acting like cat and dog, that was quite a wishful thinking.
"Will you stop cleaning up after others?!" Barou yelled in agitation as (Y/n) sent him an annoyed look.
"Barou, I slept badly. Please just be quiet until I have breakfast." The girl said back as she handed her teammate his clothes she picked up.
"Just pick them up next time." She told the other, who nervously nodded his head as he noticed the glare Barou was giving him.
"I see you all are awake and arguing, as usual." The team looked at the large screen that showed Ego's reflection, the man looking pointingly at Barou and (Y/n).
"Hah... got to keep up with traditions." (Y/n) laughed a little as the man rolled his eyes and cleared his throat.

"Anyway, my unpolished diamonds, it's time to introduce you to what we call the First selection round." The man announced, earning the team's attention.
"For this round, all 5 teams is wing 5 will have a so-called Round Robin tournament. After the final match... the top 2 teams will clear the selection. It's basically a survival match." The screen flashed for a moment, showing the players how they will and can receive points.
'So if we win, we get 3 points. A draw will get us 1 point, and a loss is 0 points. We will have 4 matches here. In total, we can hope to receive 12 points maximum. That's the best case scenario here, a drastically wouldn't be bad either, as long as the rest are wins. While a loss needs to be prevented.' (Y/n) hummed as she kept her focus on the screen.
"So, the 11 of us are a team of forwarders mostly."

"Mostly?" Barou raised an eyebrow.
"My primary position is a midfielder. I do play forward when necessary." (Y/n) explained and looked back at the team.
"Your goal is to score points, so having a team of forwarders makes the most sense. The positions you all are familiar with were stupidly implemented as part of football's evolution. When this sport first started, all players were strikers."
(Y/n) nodded her head, understanding what Ego meant, but it worried her a little.
'Still, we are all used to these positions. It will be hard to make a goalkeeper out of a forwarder, same with the defense.' She thought in worry as Ego continued.

"Start playing football from this point. Start playing football from the ground up. Build it up from a 0."
"Build it up from a 0..." (Y/n) repeated silently as she looked back at Barou, who just shrugged his shoulders.
"Throw away all the knowledge you previously had about football, that's useless to us. What Japan needs isn't teamwork. We just need 1 person who can change the future of football in this country. One striker. Start preparing for your first match against Team Z." Ego announced as the screen turned dark.
'Team Z?! That's Isagi's team.' (Y/n) thought, smiling a little at the familiar name.

"Well then, what we need to do now is give everyone a new position. We will need a goalkeeper, center forwards, midfielders, and defenders." (Y/n) announced as she looked back at the teammates, who nodded their heads.
"Are you now the captain or something?" Barou asked in annoyance as (Y/n) kept silent for a moment.
"No, if you wish, you can have that position as long as you know what you are doing."
The girl looked back at Barou, who was a little surprised by her calm response.
'Did he think I would fight him over that?' She wondered as the boy shook his head.
"You can have that position. I only care to score goals after all."
'Then why did you ask?!' (Y/n) thought in a dumbfounded manner but decided to continue speaking.

"We have roughly 10 hours left till our first match." (Y/n) continued, pointing at the timer.
"We will first give everyone a position to play. Afterward, we will pick which formation to go with."
"And how will we pick the positions?" A player with black hair wondered.
"We will do it the good old way of rock, paper, scissors. The winner picks the position he wants first. The rest follows then." (Y/n) answered, earning unsure nods from the team.
'Not the beat way, but at least in this manner they won't fight about it.'