Chapter XVI

Uno from Nanbaka looks oddly enough more like Kaiser than Kaiser himself does. That's all I'm going to say.

"Wow! It's a lot more spacious than the bedroom I had previously!" (Y/n) smiled as she looked at all the extra space they got. To be honest, it looked like any other larger bedroom, but with only 4 people inside as of opposed to 11, it looked a lot larger. The beds were just a bonus in this. Yukimiya looked around the place for a moment and picked a bed in the corner, while Otoya flopped onto the one opposite of his and sighed in content.
"This is nice~ these are much softer than the futons we had in the 1st selection." The white/green-haired boy commented as (Y/n) silently agreed while laying down. The girl sighed softly and closed her eyes.

'This is really nice... I miss my old bed, now that I think of it. Oddly enough, I miss my parents a little. As questionable as they are, they at least would talk to me after a hard day. The guys here seem less than enthusiastic to do that.'
Feeling eyes on her, (Y/n) slowly opened her eyes, only to find Karasu staring down at her.
"Did you want something?" She asked as she sat up while the other two were lost in their own thoughts.
"Well, any suggestions what to do next? Should we look for a rival team now?" Karasu wondered.
"Why the rush? We can rest for a day or two. Besides, other teams can challenge us as well. It's not just us who have to initiate." (Y/n) argued as Karasu hummed.

"Still, I want to get past these stages and see what's next. Aren't you curious?"
Moving away a little, (Y/n) offered Karasu a spot next to her, which he ended up accepting.
"I am, but I would like to take a moment and rest. Besides, we can use some time to practice together. Right, Otoya, Yukimiya?"
Snapping out of their thoughts, the duo looked over at her and slowly nodded their head.
"Yeah, sure."
"Whatever you say."
"You two didn't listen at all, did you?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow as Karasu looked at them in a bored manner.

"Nope~"
"I have to admit that I was in my own world. What did you say?"
The girl sighed in irritation as Karasu silently laughed at Yukimiya's question.
"I was suggested to Karasu that we spend some time practicing together instead of immediately challenging another team." (Y/n) repeated as the two thought it over for a moment.
"Fine by me, getting to know your three's play styles will be very useful now, and for me in the future." Yukimiya agreed as Otoya sat up.
"Whatever you want. I am fine with it. Besides, Yukimiya over there will need it more than I do."

"Why me?" The brunette wondered.
"Because Karasu, (Y/n), and I are somewhat familiar with each other skills. We make a good threesome."
"Don't say it like that." Karasu groaned as he leaned against (Y/n). The said girl blinked at Otoya in disbelief before looking back at Karasu.

"You ok?"
"Am fine. You are soft."
(Y/n) blushed at the comment as Yukimiya stared at them silently while Otoya threw a pillow at them.
"Get a room, you two!"
"We are not even doing anything!!" (Y/n) turned redder at the comment while Karasu stayed quiet. Truthfully, (Y/n) would have been more weirded out with this if Nagi hadn't made her used to this. The girl's eyes softened a little as she thought of the boy, well of him and Reo. As much as she wanted to stay completely indifferent about them, she couldn't deny that she was a little sad when thinking of them. They were her first close friends after years of avoiding everyone.

She was close to confiding in them over what was happening at home.
'Now I have nobody. I am at square one. It would have been easier if I had Barou or Isagi with me. At least, I know them. I am a complete stranger to these guys... And just like to everyone else, a stepping stone to become the best.' (Y/n) thought sadly as she observed Otoya, Yukimiya, and then Karasu, all lost in their own thoughts.

'Oh well, I will just enjoy the peace and quiet I have for now. I wonder what's up with Barou and Isagi. Did they go any further?-'
(Y/n) lost track of her own thoughts as she heard Karasu's snores.
"Did... Did he fall asleep?"
"Looks like it. Good luck sleeping like that." Otoya snickered.
"Do you need help to put him on his bed?" Yukimiya wondered, earning a nod from (Y/n).
"Please."