Chapter 1

(Unedited)

"Quiet, you two. You will end up waking her!" A voice whisper-hissed somewhere in the chamber, its sound one of the most beautiful, and Iris listened to it without moving a muscle or opening her eyes; pretending to be asleep.

Her lips lifted as she heard gentle footsteps moving closer to her bed, her amusement reaching her mate, Antonia, through their mate bond, and then, deciding to tease her guests, she groaned sleepily before shifting on her stomach: her smile widening when her three little angels stopped at once. She could easily pick up the beautiful sound of three racing hearts, ones that she loved more than she could ever be able to understand or say, and after a few moments of her staying still, the footsteps continued but with a little bit of urgency this time. She could feel three lithe bodies climb onto her bed, one of them groaning most adorably at the struggle, and Iris found it hard to stay still just then. But, knowing she would jeopardize everything if she moved she stayed put, feeling her Antonia's presence in their sleeping chamber now, and she simply waited for what was sure to come next.

And then it finally happened...

"Happy Birthday, Maman!" Three wee bodies jumped on top of Iris, causing her to groan dramatically as she shifted onto her back, and Antonia chuckled warmly as she watched the most heartwarming scene from the foot of their bed.

"Oh Goddess, what is happening?" Iris pretended as if she had just woken up and was caught completely off-guard by the beautiful surprise, and Antonia shook her head while her chest brimmed with love and warmth.

Even after eighteen years, the moment Iris's beautiful eyes found the serenity of her heart; her precious children, her soul soared just like it did the first time. At moments like these, as she gazed at the most adorable grinning faces of her babies, the pain she had to suffer in her past just to get here, seemed nothing but a faded memory; and her chest brimmed with love for them, her vampire and magic buzzing with contentment, too. Iris's eyes found her eldest then, Tulip Azure Frost, who was now sixteen years old and she pulled her in just to press a sweet loving kiss against her forehead. Before she could even pull away from Tulip, her nine-year-old, Sadie Sybil Frost, had tugged her face in her direction before showering her with sweet kisses; making Tulip roll her eyes and Antonia laugh. Once Sadie was done, she snuggled into her side happily and Iris finally turned to her middle child, the one who was most parallel to her; Ethel Iris Frost, and when they leaned closer to let her kiss their forehead too, her chest felt too small to contain all the love inside it.

Antonia decided to greet her wife as well and joined her family...

"Happy Birthday, My Iris." Pecking her mate's lips, Antonia had wished her lovingly, and Ethel and Tulip smiled at their parents while Sadie grunted unhappily before nestling even closer to her Maman.

"Thank you for the lovely surprise, my loves. I am the luckiest to have you all." Iris told her beautiful family, wrapping them all in her arms, and Antonia kissed Sadie's head when she made a sour face: she always despised sharing her Maman with others.

"How long have you been awake, Maman?" Asked Tulip with a knowing look on her pretty face, causing Ethel to chuckle softly and Antonia pulled them in her arms as she watched Iris trying and failing to conjure a proper response.

"Well... I love you all so much that it is impossible for me to not feel your winsome presence, my loves." Iris explained with the most endearing sheepish look on her face, her golden eyes warmest, and while Antonia's vampire and magic purred at the sight, Tulip shook her head with a chuckle.

"We love you too, Maman! I, the most!" Sadie had exclaimed happily, straddling her stomach before leaning down just to cup her face and kiss it all over again and Iris merely smiled as she let her, feeling the happiest with her family.