Chapter 18

(Unedited)

Athena called out for her mate the moment she got home...

"Rayelle! Mate! I'm home!" the vampire queen could not wait to see their mate, her eyes glowing as she looked around, and when Ray did not appear like she usually would, she frowned in worry

"Grandma? What's wrong?" Tulip asked as she stepped through the portal as well, noticing the empty throne room and she glanced behind only to find Aaliyah and Juno there, the younger dragon was on the verge of puking her guts out while Bida was relaxed.

"Mother! You're back!" It was Sybil and her mates who had found them, making Athena pull her daughter into a strong hug, and Tulip grinned when she heard a loud shriek, knowing her lovely sister Ceres was there.

"Tulip! You're home!" the beautiful redhead flitted into her sister's opened arms, Hannya right behind her, and Fenrir nodded at the demon princess in respect when their eyes met, causing her to reciprocate the action. 

"Where is your mother? Why did she not come?" Athena inquired, worried sick about her mate, and Sybil was about to respond when the portal that had brought them here suddenly buzzed loudly, its spherical presence trembling.

"Maman is still not here," Tulip glanced at Sybil with panicked eyes and her aunt did not waste a second before using her magic to stabilize the portal, feeling a strange type of energy emanating from it.

"I see something--" Ceres's words halted when a few bags came flying through the portal, provoking her to use her magic to grasp them immediately, and Tulip glanced at Fenrir in worry, unsure what was taking her mother so long.

"I feel them," Bida muttered lowly, catching the attention of every supernatural there and it did not take over a few seconds before Esme and Iris stepped through at last.

Esme glanced down at her hand with a frown...

"Maman!" Tulip's voice pulled Esme out of whatever thoughts were clouding her mind and she looked up just in time to see the princess running into Iris's arms, holding onto her strongly and fearfully.

"What took you so long? The portal almost closed--" When Iris pushed Tulip away from herself, her white eyes foggy and distant, the young princess felt her heart sinking but her Maman did not even notice: something that had never happened before. 

"Genevieve... Gen is hurt!" Iris's magic hissed all of a sudden, her eyes glowing as she glared at Sybil and Esme frowned at her harsh utterances, turning to Sin as she nodded before stepping forward.

"Genevive is fine, Iris. She's about to give birth--" Sin did not even get a chance to finish her words because both Iris and Esme had rushed out of the throne room, leaving everyone behind, and Juno rolled her eyes before scoffing.

"What amazing manners they've got," Juno muttered bitterly, causing Athena to sigh deeply as she watched Aaliyah looking all lost, and Ceres quickly moved toward Tulip who had not shifted from her place.

"Tulip? Are you alright?" the sweet princess asked her sister in a worried tone, noticing the strange look on her face and Hannya was about to approach them when she noticed Juno doing so with a smirk that she found to be vile.

"Don't mind the distracted girl, sweetheart. You mustn't scar that pretty face of yours with worry for her," Juno's eyes roamed every inch of Ceres, shamelessly and crudely, and while the redhead was confused yet embarrassed, Tulip shook her head.

"You really don't want to do that, Juno. As much as I dislike you, I would hate to see your head on a pike so soon," Tulip warned the young dragon, finding the way she was oogling her sister simply disgusting and Juno was about to retort when Aaliyah grabbed her hand, her eyes on Hannya.