Chapter 8

(Unedited)

The silence in the war room was deafening...

"Do you want me to...?" Aneka had whispered to her wife, worried for the silver-skinned woman who was gazing at nothing, and Seraphine shook her head before activating the table before them with a wave of her hand; causing sand-like grey particles to follow her wishes.

"In the beginning, there were five clans; The Dragonborn Clan with Silver dragons, The Wang Clan with Green dragons, The Cirillo Clan with Red dragons, The Panagos Clan with Golden dragons, and The Drakos Clan with Black dragons." As she spoke, the particles shifted only to mold into the picture of her words and Iris watched the faces of the leaders of the five families, their expressions stark.

"The head of each clan inhabited and ruled their sphere..." The particles scattered only to form the five spheres that comprised the Dragon realm, four smaller floating globes connected to the largest one in the center: the one where the royal family resided.

"...answering only to the Sovereign who was elected every hundred years after an impartial and unbiased voting procedure. One Dragon to rule above all and maintain peace and tranquility among the people." Seraphine sighed heavily at those words, the significance of her duty weighing on her shoulders, and Iris watched her friend with sadness yet pride.

"For thousands upon thousands of years, there was nothing but peace and happiness. All clans lived in harmony. The trade between each sphere was smooth, people would visit their friends in neighboring spheres without a hitch and we even held ceremonies on the Royal Sphere to help the Dragons find their mates... It was all so beautiful." Seraphine herself was in awe as she watched the magical particles show her a picture of those times and she could only imagine how wonderful it would have been to be alive back then.

But then, Seraphine's silver eyes hardened...

"Then the first White Dragon was born." At those words, Iris felt Esme perk up slightly and Athena tried to understand just why Seraphine seemed so saddened at the mention of the White Dragon.

"And then came the Great War which plunged our realm into a mayhem from which we have yet to recover." The Queen sounded vexed then, her eyes watching the particles displaying the damage the Great War did to her world and Aneka placed a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"The White Dragon was the first of its kind, born woven into their human counterpart like the supernaturals from your world. They could easily spend years upon years residing within their human and never hurt them or lose their powers. They could even transform into their Dragon form through their human, just like Fenrir here does." Seraphine continued, gazing into Iris's white eyes firmly, and Tulip leaned against Athena while Esme lingered by the huge window, her eyes on one of the moons.

"The child was born into one of the poorest families in the Panagos clan of the Golden dragons, a beautiful little girl, and because of her dragon, the child possessed skin and hair as white as snow... Intrinsically, everyone was weary of the White Dragon at first, not knowing the extent of their abilities. So the family hid the poor child and her dragon, fearing for their lives." Seraphine shook her head sadly, observing the grains depicting a mother holding onto her daughter in fear and Athena's heart felt heavy, remembering her own past.

"But, as time passed and the child grew,  miracles followed and the people came to believe that the White Dragon was a gift from the Almighty." The grain now showed people kneeling before a little girl as she held onto her mother's hand and Aneka gritted her teeth, her heart laden with grief.

"A single scale from the White Dragon could revitalize a land suffering from over a thousand years of drought. So the Clans would invite The White Dragon to their spheres and with each visit, the lands would flourish and the people would thrive... There was no illness the White Dragon could not cure. The people who had suffered decades of infertility would conceive after a single visit to the Dragon." The grains now showed the girl in her teens, she was ethereal as she smiled at the people, and Seraphine looked pained as she compelled herself to continue.