Chapter 15

(Unedited)

Juno paced inside her mother's room while she fixed herself...

"How long will this take? What will happen once Bida is freed? How will that woman end the curse? You always said Bida was the strongest dragon, so why would they ever submit to her? Would we really have to leave our home?" The young dragon was ranting in panic, her body shuddering unknowingly, and had Aaliyah not grabbed her arm before hugging her, she might not have stopped.

"Calm down, Juno. Everything will be alright. Have faith in me, my dear," Aaliyah tried to relax her daughter, her voice as smooth as honey, and Juno nodded before melting into her mother's arms, holding onto her tightly.

"I don't want you to get hurt again, mother. I want you to fight that vile woman as soon as your dragon is freed and send her away for good this time. We do not need anyone else," Juno mumbled lowly, she was worried about her kind mother way too much, and Aaliyah smiled at her words before pulling away with a gentle smile.

"Do not worry, Juno, they won't be able to take us away from our home. Bida will never let that happen: they are far too boastful for that," Aaliyah's eyes shined as she talked about her dragon, she could not wait to meet them again, and Juno grinned lovingly her way.

"I can't wait to meet them. Part of me feels like I already know them because of all the stories you've told me--" Juno started talking in a wistful and excited tone but she had to silence her words when they heard the unmissable sound of strong paws landing on the ground.

"I believe our guests have arrived," she rolled her eyes as she said that, her body tensing when another dragon landed near them, and Aaliyah seemed lost in her thoughts for a while as her eyes glazed.

"Mother? Are you feeling well? Because if you are not, I can send them all away. We can do this another time, there is no need to rush into this," Juno worried about her mother deeply, noticing the way her shoulders tensed, and Aaliyah gave her a weak smile before shaking her head.

"No, Juno. I must do this... It is just that... It has been so long since I have been one with Bida and so much has changed... I worry I might end up disappointing them with how I have spent the past years," it was hard for her to admit that, Juno could tell, and she wrapped her arms around her mother before holding her as close as possible.

"Bida is your dragon mother, your other half, and if there is anyone in this whole damned universe who will truly understand you and accept you for who you are, it is them," it was times like these when Juno would say such kind things that Aaliyah would become teary-eyed at her daughter's sweet nature that only showed up for her.

"Thank you, my sweet daughter. Why can you not be nice like this all the time and to others, too?" Aaliyah had cradled her daughter's face lovingly before asking that and Juno rolled her eyes at her words, leaning into her touch all the same.

"Because nobody else deserves my kindness. They have to earn it to get it," Juno winked at her mother then, her grin utterly haughty, and Aaliyah chuckled softly as she shook her head at her antics.

The sound of huge wings flapping made Juno groan loudly...

"Come on now. Let us greet our guests and get this over with... The sooner we are done, the sooner you can meet Bida. I'm sure they will love you," Aaliyah smiled at her beaming daughter, patting her cheek lovingly, and then they both walked out of their home only to find everyone but Esme and Iris there.

"Greetings, Aaliyah. It is good to see you again," Seraphine greeted with a smile, Oro and Yvette standing beside her and Aneka, and Aaliyah nodded before glancing at Tulip whose eyes did not hold the same admiration they did before.