the lunar spider

(y/n)'s pov

Yang and I made it back to the main floor and saw Blake, Weiss, and Pyrrha but no Mercury and Ruby.

Weiss: oh hey (y/n). We just finished up our talk and I think we finally came up with our terms.

(y/n): tell me later. Right now I need to ask, where's Ruby and Mercury?

Pyrrha: they went out on a walk.

(y/n): where?

Pyrrha: I don't know. They just left.

(y/n): let's worry about them later. Are there any other landmarks I should know about here?

Yang: none of the top of my head.

(y/n): I wonder if the headmaster is still alive?

Pyrrha: professor Ozpin?

(y/n): yeah.

Weiss: let's go see.

(y/n): you girls lead the way.

I began to follow them to the headmaster's office.

Pyrrha: so do you want to hear our terms?

(y/n): why not?

They began to explain their harem terms to me. instead of a schedule, they simply went with just keep them happy.

(y/n): sure. That sounds nice to me.

I didn't care about the harem. But I wasn't going to complain. It's not every day you get a small harem. Eventually they took me to the elevator that was supposed to take us to the headmaster's office.

(y/n): is this the place?

Yang: yep. Are you going to go alone?

(y/n): yeah. Just hold out for a minute and I'll come back.

I walked into the elevator and rode it to the top. It was a long ride but a quiet one. I haven't had silence in quite a long time. I've spent so long with others that I had almost forgotten what silence felt like. It felt...lonely. I started to remember the nights I worked alone in Yharnam. When I wasn't killing the infected, or the beasts all I heard was the sound of my shoes hitting the pavement.

It felt lonely. Having no one, not even my own friends with me. The only things I had to keep me company were the beasts roaming the streets. Some days I was so silent I'd forget what my voice sounded like. This is the most ever spoken. On a good day, I speak a lot. Most of the time I'm quiet.

(y/n): I'm starting to hate the silence.

That's something I never thought I would say. I think I'm starting to like being with people. The elevator stopped and I walked into his office.

(y/n): hello? professor?

I looked around the room and saw it was empty.

(y/n): strange?

I began to look around the room and found a lamp. I touched it and continued to look around. I went towards his desk and found a hastely written note.

The Grimm can bleed. The plague has spread. I have failed. I shouldn't have gone to that cursed city. My coughing is getting worse. Soon I'm going to be like those Yharnam beasts. I already lost. I might as well be dead. She had won.

I looked at the window and saw it was broken. Like somebody had jumped out. I looked down and saw a pond that was reflecting the moon. I can hear something calling me. Telling me to jump. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the window. I began to fall, hoping to hit the water. I heard the sound of a splash.