baby of the gods

(y/n)'s pov

We all went outside and saw more beasts surrounding us. They weren't normal, they were more blood thirsty and vicious.

(y/n): we can't fight them off.

Ruby: do you have a plan?

(y/n): wait you said there's a library here right?

Blake: yeah.

(y/n): take me. Maybe the key could be in a book.

Ruby: sounds stupid.

(y/n): sorry I'm desperate! This has never happened before!

Blake: well I'll take you.

(y/n): good. Maybe there might be a lamp. Either way it gives us another place to rest.

We quickly ran to the library with Blake leading us. The beasts kept trying to attack us and I had to attack them to keep them off our backs.

(y/n): how close are we to the damned library?!

Blake: not far!

We stopped at a door and she kept trying to get it open.

Blake: I think it's locked?!

Yang: step aside!

She kicked the door in and managed to get it open.

Yang: inside! Now!

We all ran inside and I closed the door.

(y/n): Yang, Mercury! Help me barricaded the door! Ruby, Weiss, Pyrrha, shoot at any bastards that try to enter while we get stuff to block the door!

We ran around, grabbing tables, chairs, empty bookshelves, anything we could use to keep the beasts out and us in. Meanwhile, the girls were shooting at any beast that tried to enter. Ruby fired a shot and hit Mercury in the shoulder.

Mercury: watch it!

Ruby: sorry!

Finally we got the door barricaded. I breathed a sigh of relief. This was the first time in years I had to act quickly like that.

Ruby: what now?

(y/n): let's look around. Maybe they have a section on Yharnam history. Let's split up and look around.

We walked into the library and I saw a lamp waiting for us.

(y/n): thank the gods. There's a lamp.

I touched it and we began to look around at the shelves for anything about Yharnam.

(y/n): let's see, Ashina...Lordran...Boletaira...Drangleic...Lothric...ah Yharnam!

I grabbed a bunch of the books and walked towards a nearby table.

(y/n): found some!

Everyone came back to me.

Ruby: great! What now?

(y/n): we start reading.

Everyone picked up a book and began reading as I walked towards the lamp.

Weiss: where are you going?

(y/n): the dream too has a library with books on Yharnam. I'm going to ask Maria to help me get some. I'll be back.

I walked away and touched the lamp.

Timeskip
Ruby's pov

We spent what felt like hours reading all the books on Yharnam history, the history of the hunt, every little piece of information we could get from the libraries in the dream and at Beacon. Meanwhile, (y/n) and his friend were bringing more books.