▹ cue: late night sparks

જ⁀➴ ♡

IT WAS the evening by then. After some studying I noticed there wasn't any leftovers or ingredients for me to cook. So, I headed toward the nearest convenience store to get some instant ramen and a drink. After feeding Willow, I took my phone and wallet and walked off.

When I reached the store, I headed straight to the section I was interested in, grabbed what I wanted and went to the cashier. There were a couple people infront of me so I decided to scroll on my social media on my phone with my free hand. Once it was my turn, I shoved my phone into the right pocket of my pants and looked up.

"Aria! Nice to see you here,"

Him. It was him.

I rolled my eyes and (mentally) took a deep breath. He scanned the items and told me the price and I payed.

"Wait Aria! My shift's over in just a few minutes— could you please wait for me?" He begged, dragging out the word 'please'.

I didn't reply and walked off to cook my noodles. While they were cooking I scrolled on my Instagram page out of boredom. After a couple minutes, they were ready so I poured in the seasoning and found a table outside to sit and eat.

Is he coming yet? I peered into the store to check if he was coming or not. It's not like I was excited to hang out with him or even see him. It's just that he told me to wait for him- that's all.

I mixed the seasoning together with the noodles. Then, I opened my drink— cold Milo. Or at least attempted to. It's not like I was weak or anything. It's really not that. It was just that for some reason, my hands were really sweaty. I wiped them off on my sweatpants a couple times but the only thing that was twisting was my wrist and not the bottle cap.

"Need some help?" Felix had changed into his ordinary clothes now. He sat beside me and I passed the bottle over to him. He opened it with ease and passed it back to me.

"Thanks," I muttered to which he replied with just a large grin.

"So why are you eating dinner at a convenience store?" He asked, his elbow on the table and his cheek on his hands. He stared at me. Gosh that stare was making me uncomfortable.

I just shrugged in response.

"So.. how's Willow doing?"

"Fine,"

"How's your studies going?"

"Okay,"

"How's your mental health?"

"alright."

It was getting awkward and boring. I usually am okay with treating people like this but somehow when I gave those short word answers to him, I felt my heart being slapped. So I decided to make an effort— something I usually don't do with most people.

"What about you," I drank some of the broth from my soup after I asked him. His eyes widened and his eyebrows lifted themselves. It was as if he didn't expect me to ask him anything or to make an effort in the conversation we had. He hesitated for a while.

"I'm doing good! Just got a new phone and I'm really happy with it. You wanna see?" I nodded.

He slid something out of his pocket which ended up being his phone. I gave him a thumbs up instead of saying anything. He smiled.

"So umm.." I looked at him.

"You know like," I know like what?

"Like yesterday," Like yesterday what?

"The picture?" Which picture?

I looked at him with a confused expression on my face, my eyebrows furrowed.

"The picture! After school, y'a know—" What picture, what after school? And for some reason, his ears seemed to change their color— turning into a flamingo pink. His hand went to the back of his neck and he rubbed his neck with it.

He looked to the ground.

"The picture of me that you got after school!" He hurriedly said. I nodded. That picture. That picture...

"It was my friend. He stole my phone and airdropped it to you, I'm so sorry,"

"No you don't have to apologise," First time I've said a full sentence.

"Really? I'm still kinda sorry though," He nervously replied. I nodded. Continuing to finish the remnants of my food. Once I was done, I tossed it in the bin and got up.

"Wait- It's late, let me walk you home!" I didn't reply. I just let him walk alongside me as he talked about everything under the sky. I would occasionally answer to his questions or ask him questions.

 I would occasionally answer to his questions or ask him questions