Part three

~~ Darcy ~~

"Hi Kelsey." I waltz into my stepsister's room wednesday morning. She hasn't spoke to me much except for a occasional hello and whats up. Its been three days. Boring. We have to make friends. I mean. Were practically sisters. That and I need someone to talk to this summer, without Kailee or Blaire I'll be completely and utterly bored. And when I'm bored, it usually doesn't end well..

"Hey." She says absentmindedly as she scrolls down her Facebook news feed. Yawn. Facebook's so outdated.

"Want to do something today?"

"I think I'm busy."

"Doing what?" I urge flopping onto her perfectly made bed. Ick. Reminds me of Blaires bed. But whats the point of making a bed if you're just going to get back into it the next night?

"Um. I think I'm going to do something with some friends.."

"Well I'll go get dressed and join you."

"You don't even know where were going!" She says exasperatedly. I giggle at her manner.

"Its California. I really don't care."

"California's not that great..."

"Just let me go with you. I'll drive. Its better then having Dad or Cora drive you." I bargain.

"Okay fine. We're go to lunch at noon. Be ready." She grumbles.

"Yay!" I skip out the room and head into the shower. That gives me forty-five minutes for me to be ready. I pull on some light denim blue shorts and a white T-shirt that has a cross in cheetah print on the front. I let my natural curls hang loose and add some natural makeup to my face. I slip on my white flip flops and bound out to meet Kelsey. Kelseys wearing jean capris and a green tank top and Her gold-brown hair is pulled into a pony tail. "I'm ready." I sing

"Great. Were going to panera." We say good bye to cora, since Dads at work, and hop into the car. She gives me directions to the panera and I'm excited to meet her friends even if I'm the oldest.

We sit at the table where theres four guys and six girls already seated.

"Hey guys. This is my step sister Darcy. Shes staying with us for the summer." Kelsey explains dully.

"Oh. So she'll be working with us this summer?" One of the guys asks who looks much older than fourteen.

"Ya. I suppose." She shrugs sitting into the black chair. I sit next to her. Oh. This is the youth group my dad was telling me about. Hm. Okay, I can do this.

"Whats up for this summer?" I ask.

"Our youth group will be participating in things all summer. Community events and reaching people. Things like that." The same guy explains. He's in plaid board shorts and a white shirt with sunglasses on his head.

"Oh you guys are the youth group?"

"Ya. Well not our whole group. Just the ones who will be dedicating their summer to join us. I won't swamp you with everyones names. I'm Cruz by the way.." He sticks out his hand. I shake it excitedly. "I'm the so called 'leader' of the group."

"How old are you?"

"Nineteen." He states. Hm. That would do. Only two years older than me. Hes cute none the less. "Any way heres our schedules for the summer. Hes hands out calendars to everyone. "We have eleven weeks to work with this summer. Theres one large event every week and a few small things placed through out the week. You don't have to attend everything. But I expect you all to attend at least 75% of everything. Also here are some guidlines. Were supposed to make an impact on people this summer, so I do want you guys to dress appropriately, be on time, be doing daily devotions, and no partying or anything crazy like that. Lets save a few souls this summer guys."