Part 12

~~Darcy~~

"Get up why aren't you dressed." Kelsey pokes my side.

"I don't really want to go today." I mumble

"But you like Raelyn. You've been having fun all summer."

"It's just pointless to hang out with her if she's not going to survive."

"Why do you think that way? Do you think God wouldn't have bought you two together if he didn't have a plan? Besides, what if she doesn't know Jesus? Your going to let her die? Did you even ask that?"

"Well no I didn't ask that... I never thought of asking at all actually."

"This is the point of the summer. To make an impact. You didn't drive all the way to California to not change someone did you?"

"Well I actually flew here."

"Look Darcy...just spend the summer with this girl. That's all I'm saying."

"Fine your right." I push myself out of bed and change my clothes. I pull on some teal cut offs and a flowy white shirt. I brush my hair shortly before my phone rings with the ringtone I have assigned to Blaire.

"Hello." I cooly say.

"It's Blaire."

"I know.

"Okay... Well look I wanted to apologize for our fight. You know I think us being apart is hard and were all trying to deal with it and ya..." She trails off.

"It is. I've been a bit emotional lately too. All this with this little girl it kind of hurts."

"I guess were all experiencing some change this summer. Stepping out I our comfort zone. "

"Ya what is this." I giggle.

"Have you talked to Kailee?"

"No not yet. I sent her an email but she hasn't responded. You know she always needs a little extra time with stuff."

"I know. I'll pray about her. I should email her too."

"Ya. I'll let you know if she responds to me. Well I'll let you go. Love you."

"Love you!" I press the end button before packing my bag to meet Raelyn.

"Hey girl." I sit next to her, as she's coloring a page of a princess coloring book. "What's up?"

"This is boring."

"What do you mean? Colorings cool."

"I'm eleven. I want to do eleven year old things. But I'm stuck here all day everyday. Sometimes it's cool. But sometimes I'm stuck doing nine year old things."

"I guess your right. " I chuckle at her logic. "Maybe on a day you don't come here we can go to the mall."

"Really?" She smiles.

"Ya. We can make a day of it. You have to ask your parents of course."

"I'll ask them tonight." She gets really excited. "Can I see your phone? I wanna look at more pictures of you and your friends."

This is one of her favorite past times now. I slide her the phone and she unlocks it, as she now knows my pass code.

"What's this of?" She asks. The photo is an old one I used for throwback Thursday a few weeks ago. It was me, Blaire and Kailee at 12 years old with each huge snow cones in our hands at the state fair.

"A few summers ago. We were allowed to go to the fair alone that summer."

"That's soooooo cool. I can't go places alone yet."