ORIGIN

Throughout the galaxy, three new star systems have been colonized. Despite technological leaps and bounds, man has yet to establish peace among civilizations. If anything, technological advancements have only further complicated things.

However, human conflict is largely due to countless bands of starship outlaws who rose up in the name of galactic dominion. This gave way to an interplanetary police force called the Star Brigade, which has tried to put a degree of order back to the galaxy through its expansion.

There are two jurisdictional districts of the Star Brigade throughout two star systems. They are the Plumoritan and Euvorix systems. In the distant Vectris system, relative peace holds up...at least for now.

The storms of chaos among the stars are ultimately faulted by something said to be more than human - legendary knights of anarchy who instill fear throughout the cosmos, systematically. They thrive on the very disorder they initiate. They invade worlds, pillaging natural resources, enslaving whoever they see fit to, namely outlaw bands that operate under their lead. They also mastermind planetary wars as a means to divide and conquer man to gain power over him. Most worlds war within themselves, some with neighboring planets, and few with distant ones. This has caused a consistent trend of corruption to infiltrate even the ranks of the Star Brigade.

An ordinary kid named Ezrith Helix was born in the trinary Plumoritan star system on a planet called Chronesius - a tranquil world rich in unique resources; where corruption is alien and war rarely practical. His father, a legendary starfleet arch-commander named Kengi Helix, was said to be a bloodline successor of the very founders of the Star Brigade. Before his mysterious death, Kengi Helix was arguably the galaxy's last hope for real peace.

Ezrith Helix is now an operative of the Star Brigade himself trying to step out of his father's shadow with hopes of quickly ascending the ranks. He's been recruited to the bounty hunter unit and assigned to track down and detain wanted outlaws, hoping that they don't leave his star system. His first bounty involves a fourteen-year-old starship thief connected with an outlaw band called the "Darksiders".

During the trying times of his own teen years, Ezrith witnessed the harsh realities of a star system in which you could be killed because of what planet you were born on, or which space station you gave your allegiance to. So he occupied himself with his curricular activities. Most of his peers were consumed with the lucrative virtual reality gaming world in the e-verse, which left them desensitized to the controversial planetary conflicts going on in the majority of the galaxy.

By the time he turned sixteen, Ezrith was a knowledgeable starship mechanic and all of his friends were either dead or living out their aspirations as space marauders. He only associated with outlaws through his side business as a spacecraft mechanic. He watched some of his peers leave the lavish comfort of his home world to join outlaw bands, only to be used as fall-takers. When Ezrith worked at the most notorious prison/psych ward in Plumorita called "Zynnis", he saw one of his closest high school friends being committed to the insane asylum. He had a chunk of his memory erased. The guy was stuck in his preteen years and thought that he was still a child. Every night he cried out for his parents from the confinement of a padded cell not knowing that the outlaws he worked for killed them.

Ezrith heard lots of stories about the death of his own family, but none of them were ever told the same. His father was an urban legend on multiple planets, so the stories he heard about him were usually different. Some of them sounded so fanciful that he had to simply dismiss them as speculation.

But, going so long without an immediate family left Ezrith confused about his past and identity. He often tried to fill the void by falling hard for random women he would meet in nightclubs around the galaxy. He wanted a family of his own, but he was starting to realize that the way he was going about starting one was only causing him extra emotional stress. But he dealt with these issues by persisting in constructive mechanical work.