Alpha or Omega/Can't Save "Face"

WarFace and Laughing Shadow, along with other biozoids, were in a safe house in the far reaches of Plumorita. The safe house was where the most notorious outlaws from around Plumorita met up with androids to receive directives and upgrades. They were to meet Alpha Maximus there within the hour. When Alpha Maximus entered the space station, he got everyone's full attention. He looked like a colossal knight with wings and bright green eyes. His robotic design, which was one of many, was complete with precious stones. He approached his highest esteemed biozoids and trusted outlaws. They all bowed at his feet. He approached WarFace and said this in a deep autotune voice: "I'm starting to believe that working with humans is something I won't enjoy for long. Now I know that reinforcements are necessary. And so are cutting loose ends." With a powerful magnetic force, Alpha Maximus pulled WarFace to himself and started to crush him with both hands, saying: "If you were fully mechanical the pain you feel right now would not be. I've played around with weak chess pieces long enough, compute?" After WarFace and Laughing Shadow lost many members of their bands to the Origin Project at Zynnis years ago, WarFace was given a strong warning by Alpha Maximus. So everybody knew what was going to come next. Alpha Maximus did something to WarFace so that the human brain in his robotic body would stop getting oxygen. He dropped his body and stepped over it. "After that, Alpha Maximus delegated some humanoids to assign certain outlaws to receive upgrades. "Meeting adjourned...for now, my slaves," Alpha Maximus said. But as he turned to leave the space station, he pointed his finger at Laughing Shadow and gave him a wink. The Laughing Shadow understood that meant that he was next to die if he failed too many assignments himself. But to him, it made no difference. After over a century's worth of upgrades, he had virtually no humanity left, thus no fear.

Before getting ready for the next recon mission, everybody met in the Council Chamber to discuss some details. Everybody was included, namely Blake Austere and Oasis. Storm asked Austere to tell everybody everything he knew about what he had learned while working so closely with WarFace. Everybody, including Oasis, listened when he spoke up. "First of all, many who operate within the system of corruption are forced to. And please believe me...it's an ugly system. But what I believe I understand about this Alpha Maximus is that he's like a virus with many hosts. In theory, I think his purpose as a virus is to eventually spread himself throughout the universe. And whatever's in the way, which is us, must either somehow be eliminated or aligned to conform. I think he likes to manipulate human affairs as long as it's something in which he can find stimulation. Having no real sense of compassion at all, he sees this as a calculated game of chess. But when you're at the top like I was for so long, you tend to take serious note of the stories and legends others would dismiss as fanciful. I already knew a lot even beforehand. But I never said too much. I did more listening than talking. Through this process, I figured out what to determine as credible during all my travels and experiences as the leader of four starfleets."

It turned out that what Austere knew nothing about, like many others on the other side, was the Omega Weapon. But later, during his briefing, Austere was thoroughly informed.

The next day, everybody who Max commissioned to go on the next mission was gearing up. Those commissioned included Blake Austere, who needed little training at all.  Also included was Ratch the weapon specialist, Circuit the digital specialist, and Bio the four-armed medical specialist. Also commissioned was Cannon. Young Oasis, who, after his omni-chamber, noble fist, and potion arts training, was considered a master at such. He was also chosen for the mission. Storm, Max, and Akira, along with all the remaining ghost agents of Delete and Sentient Project stayed on Citadel. So did Ezrith because Akira was pregnant.

Because Oasis was the prodigy he was, Ato assigned him to be second in command of TRU under himself. This was even though Oasis was at least thirteen years younger than any of its agents. But the fact was, Oasis excelled so greatly in the Potion Arts and noble fist that he was in a position to teach. Even though Ato was his sensei, this was only in noble fist. Oasis' skill and knowledge in everything else was superior.