6.

Monica drove her way to a bar situated in the heart of Sydney, the atmosphere of the bar as she entered charged her with the joy it radiated

Monica drove her way to a bar situated in the heart of Sydney, the atmosphere of the bar as she entered charged her with the joy it radiated. The bar was adorned with Australian flags, and a sense of national pride filled the air.

Sam was first to see Monica walk through the door only just having arrived herself. 

"Sam!" Monica exclaimed, her voice filled with joy as she gave Sam a tight hug. "Congratulations on the win! You guys played amazing out there."

Sam's face lit up as she returned the hug. "Thanks, Monica! That was actually one of the best games I have played in a long time." 

Monica laughed. "That's incredible, Sam! I knew you'd come through. Your team did great."

"Well maybe you are just my lucky charm." Sam told her with a smirk. Sam's eyes then drifted to Monica's attire, and she raised an eyebrow. "Monica, why are you wearing Ellie's jersey? I thought you were Team Sam all the way."

Monica blushed slightly, her fingers tugging at the fabric of the jersey. "Well, Ellie lent it to me as a good luck charm, you know? And it worked! So, I thought..."

Sam interrupted her with a warm smile. "That's a bit cute, but if you're going to wear a jersey, it should be mine. How about I'll get you tickets to our next game and you wear my jersey."

Monica couldn't help but feel touched by Sam's words. "You've got yourself a deal Sammy. I'll wear your jersey for the next game, and we'll make it another win."

Sam leaned in, giving Monica a soft peck on the cheek. "That's my girl. I can't wait for you to wear my jersey, Monica Reyes." Their eyes locked, and in that moment, the bar's celebration faded into the background as they shared a connection that went beyond soccer victories. After what felt like a lifetime Sam turned to leave only stopping to send the blonde girl a wink over her shoulder before once again moving to go talk to Caitlin.

Monica's brain was running at a million kilometres a second, Sam had called her "My girl",  kissed her on the cheek and winked at her. What the actual fuck? Snapping out of her thoughts, Monica moved to scan the room.

"Ellie!" Monica exclaimed as she spotted her best friend. Monica rushed over, and they shared an enthusiastic hug.

"Mona!" Ellie grinned, her face flushed with the excitement of the game. "You wouldn't believe the adrenaline rush out there."

Monica beamed with pride. "You were amazing out there, Elles." 

Ellie's eyes sparkled with gratitude. "Thanks, Monica. It means the world to have you here cheering us on."

As the night continued, Monica found herself in a lively conversation with Kyra and Charli. They were chatting about the match's pivotal moments and their plans for the upcoming games.

"You know, Monica," Kyra began, her eyes shining with determination, "We couldn't have done it without your support. We listen to your music everyday at training and before games, you can thank Sammy for that one."