12.

Monica groggily opened her eyes as the morning sun began to filter through her curtains

Monica groggily opened her eyes as the morning sun began to filter through her curtains. The soccer game from the previous night had left her feeling a mix of excitement and exhaustion. She stretched her limbs and yawned, the scent of victory still fresh in her mind. 

With a sigh, she pushed the cozy blanket off her body and swung her legs over the side of the bed. Her feet met the cool hardwood floor, sending a shiver up her spine. Despite the fatigue, she was eager to start the day. Monica made her way to the bathroom to prepare for the day ahead and turned on her Taylor Swift playlist. 

She splashed her face with cold water, awakening her senses. The chill of the water was invigorating, helping her shake off the last remnants of sleep. Once her skincare routine was complete, Monica moved on to her makeup. She opted for a natural look today, just enough to enhance her features without appearing overdone. 

As she applied her makeup her phone buzzed interrupting the melody of "I Can See You". Sammy.   

Sammy ✮

Hope you didn't forget about your promise Moni, we are getting coffee 11am at the cafe of **** street. x 😉

Monica's eyes widened, it was possible she did forget. Could you blame her though? She was a very busy woman after all. She quickly typed her response to Sam.

Moni 𝄞

Of course I didn't forget, see you there Sammy x

The thought of seeing Sam made her heart skip a beat. A surge of excitement washed over Monica. With her makeup done and her heart aflutter, Monica picked out a comfortable yet stylish outfit for the day. She opted for a casual white hoodie, a pair of well-fitting jeans, and her favourite sneakers. 

After a final glance in the mirror, she grabbed her bag and headed out the door. The thought of seeing Sam added an extra skip to her step. The sun was shining brightly, and Melbourne's streets were buzzing with life.

Monica made her way to the coffee shop, savoring the anticipation of the meeting. As she entered, she spotted Sam sitting at a cozy corner table, a welcoming smile on her face. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, and the chatter of other customers created a warm and inviting atmosphere.

Monica's heart raced as she approached Sam. Their friendship had always been special, and she couldn't help but wonder about the exciting news Sam had to share. As she reached the table, she beamed at her close friend. "Hey, Sammy! You look great," she said, the words filled with genuine warmth.

Sam's smile widened as she replied, "You too, Monica. Thanks for coming." The two friends settled in. They sat in the shop gossiping over the latest news from all over the football world, Monica sat there intaking all of the information like a vacuum. Does she know many of these people? Nope. 

Sam ordered a flat white and a croissant and Monica decided on dirty chai latte and an egg roll. "Oo Miss Reyes is a dirty chai girl, I picked it." 

"If you're making fun of me just know that a dirty chai is the best thing anyone could ingest, I will go to my grave believing in it." Monica stated.