11.

Monica sat in her Melbourne apartment in the middle of Melbourne replaying her voice notes over and over before she went to record again in a two days time

Monica sat in her Melbourne apartment in the middle of Melbourne replaying her voice notes over and over before she went to record again in a two days time. Monica was bored out of her mind but Jason insisted she do this for at least and hour in the days leading up.

Monica's boredom was interrupted by her phone beginning to vibrate and ring loudly ear, she almost threw the phone out of shock. Ellie's name popped up on her screen.

Monica answered the phone concerned. "Hey Els, what's up?"

"Moni we've got the game tonight versus Canada and I have a ticket for you with my family and Daan again. Please please please please come." Ellie begged through the phone.

"You are so lucky I'm in Melbourne Smellie. You know I will be there babes."

"Yes! I love you so much momo, see you there hun. Also someone else was asking if her lucky charm was coming tonight." Monica could practically hear Ellie's smirk through the phone.

"Well isn't that sweet, I must be highly favoured. See you Els love you."

"Love you too." With that they hung up, Monica was still reeling the part about a "some one else wanting her lucky charm." The only person who had said that to Monica was Sam, Monica's heart fluttered, Sam was still thinking about her.

It was at 6pm that Monica finally decided to turn off Brooklyn-99 and drag her ass off the couch to actually make and effort to get ready

It was at 6pm that Monica finally decided to turn off Brooklyn-99 and drag her ass off the couch to actually make and effort to get ready. She decided to wear her Carpenter jersey and paired it with a comfortable pair of jeans, perfect for the evening ahead. She dug out the jacket Sam had let her borrow the last game that never ended up being returned and zipped it up over her jersey. 

She turned on some music and hummed along as she applied her makeup. The soft tunes filled the room as she meticulously perfected her look. Green and gold face paint in flowers graced her cheeks and the side of her face, the spirit of the game was really growing on the singer. Next, she styled her hair, letting it flow freely as she didn't want to be too fancy for the game. She was here as a friend, after all, not a celebrity. Her hair fell gracefully, framing her face as she continued to prepare.