The Garden of Time

"Zelda... Zelda..." Link weakly mumbled, before his eyes jolted open. Gasping, he quickly raised himself up as he looked around. He was alone and not at all in the same place he'd found himself in, but rather an old chamber, the walls of which had almost been completely overtaken by tree roots.

He had nothing except for his boxers now. Every other item on him was gone. All his clothing, his bow, the Hylian Shield, the Sheikah Slate, everything. Gone. Not even his headband was there, his long hair now brushing against his neck.

But that was the least troubling thing Link faced now. Gasping in horror, he saw his right arm. Or more specifically, how it wasn't his. Though it matched his left in terms of size, its fingers were much longer, the nails almost clawlike, and the skin black like onyx. It suddenly began to glow green, as Link soon came to realize it was the same hand that had saved him from death back when he last saw Zelda.

An ethereal voice suddenly spoke out of the blue.

"Ah, Link. Finally, you wake."

The Hylian quickly stood up defensively, as he glanced around, looking for the source of the voice.

"Who's there?" he asked.

"Do not fear, I am here to aid you. I've heard a great deal about you from Zelda," the voice assured him. Link's pose changed from readiness to attentiveness.

"Your wounds were severe..." it continued to explain, "I am relieved to see you escaped death. Your arm however was beyond saving. I had to replace it, lest the injury endanger you further."

"You know Zelda? Is she safe?" Link asked out of concern.

"All your questions will be answered in due time. But not here. Come. I am not the only one who has awaited your awakening."

Confused, Link looked around. That was when he heard it. That familiar, mystical sound. Looking down, his eyes jolted open as he saw it.

The Master Sword, or at least, what was left of it. The blade had been reduced to nothing but a ruined, crumbling edge. Wherever the gloom seemed to have touched it, the blade had decayed it down to the three triangles etched into the metal.

Rushing over to it, he picked it up. Whatever power the sword wielded, it was frail and weak. He could sense the faint essence inside of it, struggling to hold on to life. Its voice faintly called out to him, telling him that it needed healing, that it had failed.

"Just hold on, I'll find a way to heal you, I promise..." Link said in his head, knowing the sword could sense his thoughts.

Slinging it over his back, he began to make his way out of the room. Using what edge the sword still had to cut through a few vines, he entered an even larger room. Unlike the one he'd awoken in, this one was not overwhelmed with roots. From the wall protruded a number of wheel mechanisms, long unused and inactive.

In the center of the room was a circular structure depicting two dragons. Through a hole in the middle of it was a glowing green pattern, depicting the symbol of a right hand. Curious, Link raised his new appendage up and pressed against it. Just as he did, the light dispersed, and the wheels on the walls began to turn. A bright blue circle appeared on the floor behind him, and slowly, the stone doors to the next room opened.

Walking through, Link was soon descending down, jumping from ledge to pool of water.

Eventually, pulling himself out of another pool, his eyes were greeted by the faint rays of sunshine. Looking for the source, Link was relieved when he saw a doorway leading to the outside. Sitting by it was a small chest.

Kneeling down beside it, Link opened it up, only to find some old archaic legwear. He put it on either way, as any clothing was better than none at this point.