Kakariko Village

Lookout Landing disappeared in the distance, as Epona galloped eastward, Link astride on her back. Completing shrines, exploring caves and finding korok seeds along the way, he did his best to remember the way to Kakariko Village.

It took them a day and half before they began to ascend the Sahasra Slope, the final stretch before they reached the village.

As they did, Link could see the region's skyview tower in the distance, growing larger and larger as he approached. Another he found odd was the lack of monsters along the way. In fact, the road up the slope seemed completely void of threats.

Reaching the top of the ridge, the base of the tower finally came into view, standing atop a large rock formation in the ground. Stomping about, near the base of the tower was a hulking stone talus, stomping about the open field. On its head, it carried a large wooden platform, with three bokoblins riding on top, keeping an eye around them.

Ordering Epona to halt, he waited, opting to let the creature pass before making his way to the tower.

"Easy, girl," he said, soothing the nervous Epona. Once he was sure the monsters were far enough from the path ahead, he rode forward. Once he was behind the cover of the rock, he began to make the climb up the side to the base of the tower. As he reached the ledge though, he suddenly stopped in his tracks, as he saw the tip of a blue lizalfo horn aimed at his forehead.

Looking up, he saw a white haired warrior in Sheikah stealth garb, staring down at him. The knight hadn't noticed any trace of him beforehand, as if he'd appeared out of nowhere.

"There have been rumors of you returning," the warrior said, his light brown eyes staring down at him, "Though for all I know, you could be an imposter. Tell me, what kind of meat was in the pie you made for my wedding?"

"None, I made an apple pie, Tanis," Link replied.

The warrior was silent. Then, sheathing his sword, he knelt down and reached his hand, helping Link up to his level.

"It's good to see you, old friend," he told the swordsman. Pulling the mask off his face, the Sheikah smiled, as he looked upon his old friend.

"Haha! Link!" Tanis let out, as he hugged the swordsman. The champion was frozen in surprise at first, before returning the hug, smiling back. It was a relief to know another of his friends was alright.

"What are you doing out here on your own?" Link asked.

"Clearing out the area from monsters. I can't let a single one get too close to the village."

"How is everyone?" Link asked, "And how is Paya doing with her..."

"It's best you see for yourself," Tanis told him, "I'll head there, let everyone know you're around. Will you join me?"

"Go on ahead, I'll arrive later," the knight told him, pointing to the skyview tower.

"Oh, of course. We'll explain everything once you're there."

Tanis nodded, before folding his hands together, and disappearing once again in a puff of smoke.

Later

After adding the map of West Necluda to that of the Purah Pad, and completing a few shrines in the sky islands, Link rode through the rocky pass, leading him to the home of the Sheikah people.

The place had changed since he'd last visited. Scattered atop the top of the surrounding mountains were massive Zonai ruin formations, each taking the shape of a ring. Some were whole, others broken into pieces, scattered across the peaks.

TOTK: The Lonely HeroOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara