The Geoglyph

After having teleported out of the depths, thanks to the shrine he'd completed by the chasm, Link set out on his journey once more. Making his way on foot, he followed the road northeast towards Hebra.

As he followed the dirt path across the grassy expanse of Hyrule Field, he suddenly heard someone call from behind him:

"Oi! Link!"

Turning around, Link saw Hoz, saddled on a horse with a cobbled together royal Hyurlean standard in one hand, reins in the other. Behind him was a small band of Hylian warriors.

"Me and my monster control crew were on our patrol when we spotted you. Where are you headed?" he asked.

"Hebra," was all Link told him.

"Oh, northeast? I see. Well, we're headed in the other direction for a nearby monster camp. The things keep coming back with every new blood moon."

Link examined the warriors following him. He recognized many as volunteers who'd traveled to Lookout Landing in order to help with the rebuilding process. The fact a number of them weren't professional soldiers was apparent, as they were armed with an array of whatever weapons and armor they'd managed to get their hands on. Pitchforks, clubs, decayed traveler's weapons, etc... Some wore buckets and pots over the heads as makeshift helmets, and one even had a pot lid for a shield.

"Are you sure you can handle it on your own?" Link asked, a little worried from his assessment of the group.

"Positive!" Hoz declared, "Don't worry! The ones that have been popping up so far aren't much trouble."

"Says you. You're the only one not on foot," one of the warriors grumbled underneath his breath.

"We'll be patrolling around here and Necluda. For now, it's your duty to find Princess Zelda. We're counting on you, hero. May the goddess Hylia be with you!"

The rest of the patrol cheered in approval, raising their arms in support of their champion. Saying nothing, Link turned and continued on his way on foot.

Later

After some time, he eventually came to Carok Bridge, the crossing between Hyrule Field and the neighboring region of Hyrule Ridge. For the last few hours, to Link's relief, there wasn't much that posed a threat to him, apart from the occasional small bokoblin camp or shrine.

That, however, was soon changed when he came to the long wooden bridge that led over the Regencia River. Piles of rotting food and bones littered the bridge. Link stopped as he caught a glimpse of a huge, snoring, red hided, one-eyed giant, its loud snores disturbing any silence sleep would normally bring. It was a hinox.

"Of all the things that could've appeared here," Link thought to himself. Reflecting on his previous experience with beasts like these, he recalled that they were heavy sleepers, and if he was quiet enough, he could perhaps creep by without even raising it from its slumber.

Knowing he had not much other choice, with fighting it being an extremely large gamble, he opted for the former option. Crouching down, he began to slowly make his way across the bridge, hoping that the sound of the river rushing along was enough to cover the sound of his feet.

As he was creeping past, he stopped upon seeing a set of weapons hanging from some twine around its neck, an poorly strung together necklace. Hoping to perhaps upgrade his gear, he chose to attempt to retrieve some of it. Climbing into the creature's hand, he waited patiently till it raised it over itself, bringing Link atop its massive belly.

Trying to be as quiet as possible, he carefully cut the weapons off the twine one by one. Just as he retrieved the last of them and slipped off the beast's belly, he broke the silence with the sound of his boots hitting the bridge.