𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏.

Tuesday..
Imaiah's pov

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Come in." I said in a confused tone. Who the fuck could that be..?

I watched as my Lani walked into my office and took a seat opposite my desk.

"Wassup besttt!" She said, grinning.

I shot her a quick smile and immediately went back to filling out paperwork that was due to be completed by Friday.

"Why you so quiet today?" Lani asked, sounding concerned.

I looked up at her and let out a sigh, placing my pen down on my desk.

"I'm just still so confused as to who tried shooting you.. and why the fuck they would want to kill yo ass." I replied, holding my head in my hands.

The whole situation has been keeping me up since it happened last week.. nothing unusual has happened since but i always feel as though i'm being watched.. it's weird.

Lani let out a deep sigh and put her arms out to me. "Come here loser, show yo bestie some love." She said, giving me a comforting smile and i swiftly stood up and hugged her tightly. I'm beyond glad that whoever shot at my bestfriend missed.. i have no idea what i would do without her.

I let out a sigh of relief as i melted into her embrace, she's really my comfort person n i love it.

Eventually, we both pulled away and she reassured me that she was okay, i know she isn't but i won't push her to tell me anything.

"I'll let you finish that paperwork, call me on your lunch break okay?" Lani said, smiling before leaving my office and closing the door behind her.

I shook my head and sat back down, continuing to fill out the paperwork.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Three times? who the hell could that be? Nobody i know has ever knocked more than twice..

"Uh.. come in." I hesitated.

A tall brownskin fem walked into my office and helped herself to sit in the seat opposite my desk.

"Can i help you?" I asked, genuinely confused as to why this female is in my office.

"Oh right.. my apologies Ms Kingsley! I'm Natalia. It's my first day here and i'm just trying to introduce myself to my colleagues.." The tall fem said, sounding slightly nervous.

Hm.. weird but okay.

"Uh huh.. well, i'm Imaiah. Ms Kingsley to anyone in this building though, thank you." I stated, keeping a straight face.

I'm really not interested in making any new "friends".. I'm cool with Jaliah and Lani.

"U-Uhm.. okay i'll just go." She hurried out of my office, almost falling as she swiftly walked and shut the door behind her.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

At lunch..

"So she just came in so casually..? That's weird and since when was a new person starting? Don't y'all usually get informed before someone starts working with y'all.." Lani said with a raised eyebrow.

"That's what i'm wondering but oh well.. ian gon trip." I shrugged my shoulders and continued eating my pasta. Lani eyed me for a moment and then also ate her pasta that we made together.

"Ngl.. this pasta is good as shi! We really some chefs best." Lani squealed, causing me to chuckle.

"Real shiii. Our future wives gon be real lucky." I smirked and she nodded in agreement.

We finished eating our pasta and then we sat in an awkward silence as we both didn't know what to talk about..

"Best, ion wanna go back to work.. i just wanna go home, i'm honestly exhausted and so stressed out and all that work is just adding extra stress." I ranted.

"Let's go home mai mai." She said, helping me up and then walking to where both of our cars were parked.

We both got into our cars and drove all the way back to my house, pulling up in the driveway. I got out the car and Lani got out of hers, following behind me to my front door.

I unlocked the door and immediately walked to the couch, falling back onto it and allowing myself to sink into the softness of the couch.

"Home sweet home. I'm so damn glad ian go back to work.. i need a break." I sighed.

Lani accompanied me on the couch and turned to face me. "Can we watch a movie?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes, knowing she was gon put on that same lame ass movie.

"Taking that as a yes!" She chuckled and flicked through several disney movies until she pressed play on Toy Story.

"Ouuu.. I actually like the movie you picked for once. This is one of my favs." I said, cheesing like a lil kid.

Half way through the movie..

I immediately jumped up off the couch as someone barged into my house through the front door. I couldn't see who it was since they immediately turned their back to me once they realised i was here..

"Who the fuck are you?!" I yelled, gaining a whole lotta confidence for some reason.

"Shut the fuck up bru, damn." A familiar voice replied, causing me to gasp.

"J-Jaliah..?" I stuttered and stood in shock.

"Mai, that weird ass ex of yours is tryna pay me to kill yo ass and bring Lani to her.. n in all honesty, i don't want to. I admit that i was gon do it at first.. i did shoot at you. Well at least i thought it was you until i realised it was Lani. But since we've been hanging out more, i can't bring myself to cause you any harm." Jaliah ranted, letting out a long ass sigh.

"What the fuck man.. You talkin bout Sarai..?" I said, a little terrified as i fidgeted with my fingers.

"Mhm.. I don't wanna hurt you Mai.. i'm so sorry i tried to kill yo ass bru.. in all honesty i jus wanted the money she was willing to offer but then i really got to know you n i think i'm slowly catching feelings." She stated, sounding genuine.

"I don't even know what to say bruh.. What the fuck is that crazy bitch tryna act up now? It's been so fuckin' long since Mai Mai last spoke to ha ass." Lani said, enraged.

"Mannn.. ion fuckin' know bru.. all i know is that she wants Mai dead and you brought to her, alive." She replied.

"This is so fucked up.. what the fuck." I muttered under my breath, still fidgeting with my fingers. Jaliah walked towards me and whispered in my ear.

"Pack your bags, we're leaving tomorrow at 8:30am."

I didn't even try to argue with her, i just nodded my head agreeing and watched as she told Lani the same exact thing.

End Of Chapter.. 💋

Is Jaliah telling the truth?

If so, what could Sarai possibly want..?