Chapter 2 - His Arrival

Your mind was in a spiral of wonders as it was the day that King Levi was to be returning home. Though you had only saw him in the haunting portrait and other paintings of him amongst the estate, it was still nerve-wracking that he was going to be here in person.

It has been a week since you moved into the estate, and the staff seems to be very comfortable with your presence that they call you Lady (Y/n) rather than Madam (L/n). So the terrible wait was over as far as you knew.

"You nervous?" Sasha asked, as her hands guided your (h/l) (h/c) into the brush she was brushing your hair with. Your train of thought was broken and you were brought back to reality. You sat in front of the vanity in the room, as Sasha stood behind you in the mirror.

Your eyes shifted down before giving a small nod toward Sasha's question. Sasha's hands and fingers gently took care of your hair as she gave you a small nudge from the back.

"Don't be! I'm sure King Levi will love everything about you! You're a total babe and fairest maiden I've ever met. If I was him I would marry you to moment my eyes feasted upon your darling face!" Sasha chimed as she gave your shoulders a reassuring squeeze before finishing the brush as she put your hair in an adorn braid.

You gave another nod as your hands clamped together in your lap. Sasha stepped away to grab your gown of the day. Though today seemed like too much work for a gown so you turned back to Sasha.

"Can I wear some of your clothes instead Sasha? I wanted to go to the market and all my gowns are handmade and you know how Father will get if he finds out there dirty..." You trailed off as she looked at her pleadingly, knowing it will work on her easily. She stared intensely back before sighing off before placing your gown down on the bed again.

"Yes, but you gotta get me an extra potato for dinner and perhaps a snack while we go to the market?" Sasha blinked her eyes, it was her eyes of sealing her demands. Which you rolled your eyes before holding out your hand for a shake.

"Deal." Sasha grabbed your hand and shook aggressively as she snickered.

"Deal."

Soon after Sasha had left and shortly returned with a selection of her clothes. You two were roughly the same shape, but Sasha's clothes were always big since it's hard to find clothes that Sasha likes that aren't mens. So Sasha just wears men's clothes. You stood up in your gown as you stared at the option. But the white button up and black slacks seemed the most appropriate and fitting for a slightly cold yet sunny day.

You pointed to that option as Sasha smiled. Soon she took the gown off you revealing some of your most vulnerable places. This routine was something you grew accustomed to before you even turned into a lady. Her hand softly touching the side of your breast before she took a clothing to softly wrap your breasts before tying them softly into place. Soon Sasha helped you into a silk undershirt. Then the pants, so she can stuff the undershirt into the pants before you started and completed the white button up. As a final touch you rolled the sleeves up to your elbows, to have more movement in that area before you and Sasha turned to the mirror as you admired the outfit.

"Sometimes I'm so jealous you wear my clothes better than me (Y/n)..." Sasha sighed in what seemed awe and sadness. So you turned to her and smiled.

"Instead of your uniform, wear your normal clothes with me! It's my request Sasha!" You leaned in. She looked at you a little concerned.

"I don't have a choice hm?"

"That is correct." You confirmed. Sasha sighed before disappearing to the bathroom to change and came out in a brown skirt and a cream button up without it tucked in. It was a rare sight, but it was so refreshing to see her sense of fashion wasn't so different as a child.

"Satisfied?"

"Very!"

"Shall we grab a basket from the kitchen and be on our way? I hear the market isn't too far so staff takes walks for ingredients." Sasha asked, with a soft blush in her cheeks. You nodded as you two walked downstairs to the kitchen, grabbing the basket.

⸻⸻⸻ ♚ ⸻⸻⸻

Soon you two were on the walk to the market. The sun felt comfortable on your skin as you two talked and enjoyed yourselves together. Arm in arm before your eyes fell on the marketplace which was in the center of town. The chattering and noises of life only added to your excitement to check everything out.

When you two picked up the basket the head chef Nichols handed Sasha a list of some ingredients, he told her to just tell the sellers it's for the royal estate, and that it will be paid in a few days. You had brought your coin purse so whatever Sasha wanted for her snack you could get her.

As you two slowly gathered supplies for supper at the estate, you had finally got Sasha her snack which was a sandwich. Sasha took you by the wrist before pulling you up a staircase that had a overview of the busy street of buyers and sellers.

"Mmm~ great view hm?" Sasha spoke with a mouthful in her mouth. Most maidens would get onto Sasha for her behavior around you, but most times you knew it was her personality and it wasn't going to stop just for someone else's self standards.

"It is..."

"How much for this?..."

That question, made you look to the side to see him. King Levi. His eyes dark and face stone cold as he held a bright red apple in his hand as he asked a seller. The crowd seemed to go quiet as they focused on Levi's presence. A shiver ran down your back as Sasha looked over before gulping down the sandwich.

"It's him (Y/n)! King Levi!" Sasha chimed. Just observing his features made a wave of worry wash over you. But once that comment was out, his dark eyes looked up to stare at you. Your hand clenched the railing as it felt like an enterity had passed before he looked away.

He handed some coins before starting to walk off before the seller held out one more apple and spoke up to Levi.

"How about one for the Lady (L/n)?" Your heart stopped as Levi's walk halted before he slightly turned back to the seller who had a sweet innocent smile. Levi's face seemed angry before he walked back a few steps back, in a swift motion Levi kicked the apple into the wall, smashing it and leaving chucks sticking to the wall. His eyes looking at the seller and then you before he spoke in the silent crowd.

"It's not my duty to pamper a selfish and dumb woman... Now good day."

Levi then fully turned as he rubbed his apple on his shoulder before taking a bite into the apple as he walked away. Your heart sank as the scene replayed in your head.

"He's got force in his legs..."Sasha gulped nervously. You gulped as the people went from silent to going to chatting and discussing deals.

It's not my duty to pamper a selfish and dumb woman...

Those words rang in your ears before it seemed the plan of him falling in love with you, seemed highly impossible.

"Well I'm fucked..." Was all you can mutter under your breath as your head fell into your arms in despair.