Chapter 3 - Painful Stares

The walk back home was immensely quiet as you trailed behind Sasha as she talked about some knowledge she got from the locals. But your head was so focused on the words selfish and dumb from Levi's comment from sometime ago.

How can he have such a conclusion when he hasn't even met me?..

You wondered to yourself, soon you two had arrived back to the estate. Sasha disappearing into the kitchen to give the basket and finished list to Nicholas. You could have stayed but you felt sick to your stomach so you slowly made your way up the stairs. Not really focusing on your surroundings as two people descended down the stairs on the opposite side.

"Madam (L/n)?" An unknown masculine voice questioned out loud as you looked up and turned slightly back to stare at the talker. One was a male who had long brown hair that was in a messy half bun, his body in an well fixed suit. His green eyes looking at you in curiosity. Second person was a female who had short black hair and gloomy eyes as her arm was in the males arm. She wore a soft creme dress that adorn her fair complexion.

"Yes?" You spoke up. Your hand grasp the railing for support as you turned toward them.

"Didn't expect such attire from a lady of the (L/n)'s family." The male spoke up before bowing slightly, before resuming his commentary.

"I'm Eren Jaeger, and this is my wife Mikasa Jaeger. Mikasa is a distant cousin of King Levi's and she wanted to visit him today since he returned home. Isn't that right darling?"

Your body quivered as you looked at the women as she had the chilling expression like Levi's as she stared at you. Soon it changed to something kinder when Eren talked to her, as she softly nodded.

"Well please to meet you Lord and Lady Jaeger." You curtsy slightly though you wore no dress today.

"Shall we see you at dinner tonight? Levi is hosting us for a few weeks before we make the long journey back home." Lady Mikasa asked softly behind her fan. But her eyes seemed to glare daggers into your soul before Eren spoke up.

"Why of course she is love! Lady (L/n) is King Levi's bride-to-be! They are sure to have dinners together." Eren chimed in. You awkwardly chuckled before nodding along, though your throat closed up to the mere thought of Levi staring and belittling you in public. It could potentially turn out worst in a private setting.

"Probably not tonight. I got studies to do so I'll eat in my room tonight. Please pass that message on to Nicholas if you guys could." You curtsied before turning away and resumed up to stairs.

"That's a shame! We were going to discuss a trip with the royal groom and bride!" Eren called back to you before you slightly looked back before he and Lady Mikasa descended the stairs.

Trip?...Is this an accustom?... Gosh I really need to study...

You shook your head as you heard steps, before you could reach the steps to the top, your eyes looked up to his eyes. Dark and glooming just like Lady Mikasa's. King Levi. Goosebumps rose on your skin, as you two quietly stared at each other. His dark eyes raking down your body, which made you feel violated, yet not at the same time.

"My fianceé is a peasant girl?" His words felt like fangs in your neck, slowly sucking your life force away. Your hand clenched the railing before softly speaking up to him.

"No sire. I'm from the surname (L/n), our family heritage is a long line of wine makers. My father and his father's before him brines their wines for hundreds of years to make sure it's got the faint taste of wood in the wine." You bowed your head softly, as your hand felt cold from how tight you held wooden railing.

"Lord (L/n)...My uncle was quite aquatinted with your father's sister...quite..." His eyes looking down your body once more. You shook the uneasy feeling of his eyes easily seemingly undressing you with that stare.

"I unfortunately didn't see her before her passing a few years back, so I wouldn't know. Did he perhaps attend her service?" You asked trying to make small talk. Levi walked down toward, you being a little taller than him he stood on a step before you to look over you before his eyes stared daggers into you.

"No he committed the most sinful sin in the Bible...Plus the dude was a bastard..." His words were cold as he looked over you.

"I'm terribly sorry to hear that."

"Don't be brat. He was an asshole. Regardless I have matters to attend to peasant girl." He spoke coldly before walking beside you as he slowly made his way downstairs. He waved his hand as he descended as your eyes looked back to catch this action. You turned back gripping the railing harder.

"I'm not a peasant douchebag..." You huffed under your breathe as you walked up the stairs.