Chapter 4 - Morning Tea

A few days have past since your first true encounter with King Levi. It wasn't a bad yet even a good encounter. What ticked you off a little bit was because he called you peasant girl, which was insulting in a way. So you had been couped up in your room enjoying various literature and meals. Some of the literature was about King Levi's heritage.

Which was quite fascinating, like it seems King Levi's parents died when he was too young to be ruler, so instead his Uncle temporary was placed on the throne until King Levi was fifteen when then his Uncle disappeared from the public. Regardless everything was so hectic in his teens as he grew older it seemed his land and heritage became richer and richer which is a cause of his good fortune.

"Lady (Y/n)! Hello!?" Sasha waved her hand in front of your face before you shook your head you looked at her worried face.

"Yes Sasha?"

"Geez, you spacing out more often recently, are you doing okay (Y/n)?" Sasha put on her serious face as she leaned against the vanity look at you. The way you and Levi meet only made it more confusing as why he treats you like that when he agreed to the betrothal.

"I'm just lost right now..." You clenched your hands in fist before looking up at Sasha's face. It always so relieving to know someone you knew was with you was here. Sasha was about to speak up before a knock could be heard at your door. You stood up and flattened your skirt. Sasha opened the door to Erwin.

"Ladies, King Levi request Lady (Y/n)'s presences in his study. It's almost tea time so please follow me malady." Erwin gestures to follow him. You gave Sasha an apologetic look before she shook it off as you silently followed.

Your heels clicked with each steps on the tile as you fiddled with your fingers.

Why does he want me to meet him?... I mean I have been avoiding him since we met..

After what felt like an eternity of silence, Erwin comes to a stop at the door and knocked on the door of the study. Your heart was racing as you inhaled deeply before a voice spoke.

"Come in." Erwin opened the door and stepped aside to show you to King Levi.

Levi was sitting at his desk, one hand holding and reading a book while the other held his cup of tea by the top rather than the handle of the glass. He had reading glasses on as his eyes looked up from his book before gesturing slightly with his head to come in. You dare stay where you were so you stepped into the room as Erwin stood by the door.

"Erwin, your dismissed." Levi sighed as Erwin bowed before walking away leaving the door open. You gulped before curtsying and speaking up to him.

"Your grace. You requested my presence for tea time?" You questioned.

"Yes. Sit." He gestured to the chair in front of his desk. You hesitantly sat down in the chair, as his hand folded one corner of the page he was on before closing the book. His masculine hand setting the book down as his other hand took off his glasses as his dark eyes watched you. You gulped nervously before opening your mouth before you were loudly interrupted by someone speaking up loudly.

"Leviiii~!" His eyebrows furrowed before sighing as someone came walking into the room. Your eyes looked back to see a female with a brown ponytail and goggle-like glasses walked into the room. Her hand curled into a fist as it smacked against her chest, it was the nations salute to their leader Levi.

"Your grace and Lady (Y/n)! The people are begging to see Lady (Y/n) in person! They seem to be growing restless at the thought she's hidden away!" She spoke, well seemed like she was shouting.

"Can you ever be quiet Four Eyes?" Levi sighed before pouring himself another glass of tea as he sipped it with his peculiar way of holding glasses.

"No sir!" She continued to salute before he waved her off before she eased out of the salute. Her brown eyes looked at you, causing your cheeks to get flustered.

"Your quite gorgeous, isn't she your grace?" The unknown female commented on your appearance. Her face seemed smug before Levi glared at her before speaking.

"She'll do. But regardless tell the people that a ball will be held in the next few weeks to celebrate the engagement of myself and her." He nodded at his conclusion. You looked back at him with a worried face.

"What is it brat?" Levi spoke to you.

"Well your grace, I actually don't know how to dance..." You gulped worried he'd explode, before he could speaker the female spoke up.

"I can teach you Lady (Y/n)!" She nodded your eyes looking at her before speaking up.

"Not to sound rude, but who are you ma'am?"

She saluted to you, before you awkwardly chuckled.

"I am Hange Zoe! I'm King Levi's Right Hand! Meaning Lady (Y/n), I am Levi's highest ranking consultant about any matters amongst the people and his council!" Hange spoke. You waved her off to stop the salute as she eased out before nodding. 

"Uhh...I have a pounding in my head right now..." Levi grumbled. Hange held up one finger before speaking to him.

"That is what the scientist in town call a headache sire! Shall we make you drink more water to slightly relieve the pain." Hange stepped forward to rest a hand on the desk beside you as she did a open hand gesture toward him. His dark eyes glared up at her before grumbling out.

"Touch my tea and I'll cut your fingers Four Eyes."

You watched idling as the two conversed back and forth before you broke out into a chuckle. They halted the conversation before Hange asked.

"What's funny milady?"

"You two act like brother and sister, with the bickering. It's quite endearing and reminds me of myself and my brother back home." You wiped a small happy tear off your eyes as your lips curled up into a smile at the fond memories of you and your brother's interactions. You looked up to see the two looking at you. Hange smiling wildly as Levi seems uneasy to read.

"Your smile is pretty."

King Levi let a slight smile out. That was the first kind thing he said to you since you got here. It left you flabbergasted as you looked down, your cheeks clearly firing up at such a monument in your guys relationship.

"Thank you sire." You smiled before looking up again and Hange was smiling at you.

"You and Hange will start dance lessons in the next few days. I'll have Erwin or another gentleman accompany you so you can dance with a male partner for practice."

"Why don't you accompany her? She is your betrothed after all." Hange questioned.

"I have fencing the next few days so I won't be able to accompany her." Levi spoke dully.

"Ah."

"Can I have Sasha join instead?" Hange and Levi looked at you quite confused before you gave reasoning.

"Not to be offensive your grace, but Erin is twice your height shouldn't I have someone closer to your height to have a better understanding of staring at my partners face?" Hange rubbed her chin. Levi looked slightly annoyed before talking about it with Hange.

"Yes Sasha shall be your dance partner, but note she is taking the male dancing role." Levi finished as his hand reached for his book. You nodded.

"Practice starts in a few days at dusk. Hange will further talk to you, now you two are dismissed." You both nodded, before Hange headed out. You slowly lingered behind before turning around to face him.

His dark eyes looked at you seeming uninterested but you smiled again before speaking up to him.

"You have a nice smile too your grace." You curtsy before walking away not letting him have a comeback. You had a feeling he say something with brat in it.