Chapter 6 - Dress Fitting

The ball was set for next week, so that meant you had to finish up your dance etiquettes and dress fitting for the ball. It apparently was customary in Levi's land that a week before a huge public engagement ball, they were to take the bride-to-be's measurements so the King could customize a dress for her to make her stand out at the ball.

It was a sign of eternal love in their customs. That is what Hange told you, though it seemed a bit out of your comfort zone, you knew it was something you'd have to go through regardless.

To make matters worse Sasha wasn't the one allowed to take your measurements, but the seamstress that is to be working hand and foot for King Levi with the dress designs. So your stomach was in knots as it approached the appointment time.

"It won't be a long time (Y/n), I promise you." Sasha reassured you, as you laid on the soft loveseat in your room. Your arm over your face as your free hand clenched your stomach through the thin undergarments.

"I know. It's just hard to be around a new person especially in my undergarments." You huffed out before quickly sitting up as you looked at her. Her face sincere as she moved to the loveseat sitting beside you, her warm hand placed on your shoulder as her hand gave your shoulder a small reassuring squeeze.

"It'll only be for a little while and soon after we shall be in the dance room practicing for the big night." Sasha smiled. Her smile was always a stress reducer. You softly placed your hand on hers and gave her a small nod.

Soon the moment was broken up by a soft knock, you looked at Sasha as your eyebrows drew in a concern line. She gave a small nod before standing up and moving toward the door. In a haunting minute you stood up as the door was opened to a small looking woman.

She had long blonde hair that looked as of fragile silk curtains, large doe-like blue eyes, and a heart-shaped face that seemed extremely welcoming. She held a brown leather bag that seemed to be her kit for the job. She gave a cursty before you waved her off.

"You don't have to bow to me miss." You chuckled awkwardly, in a moment her face seemed genuinely shocked at the request. She opened her mouth before speaking in a gentle yet mature manner.

"Oh, but I do madam, you will be our future Queen. I must establish etiquettes with you." Then she rose and stepped forth into the room. A chill ran down your back as the realization crept around your throat in a suffocating manner.

"But where are my manners, I'm Krista Lenz I'm one of the many steamtresses that shall be helping King Levi's vision for your dress come true." She bowed her head again, you bowed yours back in respect.

"Shall we take your measurements?" She asked. You nervously nodded. You walked out to the middle of the room, as Sasha excused herself to help Nicholas to make tea and snacks. Soon it was just you and Krista. The room was quiet as Krista ruffled through her bag.

You rocked on the balls of your heels, the quietness bringing an awkward feeling in the air for you. You opened your mouth as Krista turned around to face you with a tape measurer in her hands, her eyes looking down before looking up you.

"So tell me about yourself and your family." She smiled as she walked toward you.

---

Soon Krista had your measurements down, but now you two sat on the loveseat engaged in a lovely conversation of types of wines, since she was a wine lover.

A soft knock broke the chat, before you spoke up.

"Come in." The door open to show Hange. Her brown eyes scanning the room and landing on you. A soft blush crept up your face realizing you were still in your silk undergarments.

"Oh my, parden my mannerism!" You shot up to a frantic behavior. Hange waved you off before Sasha walked in to see your attire before shooing Krista and Hange off to get you dressed for the day. In shown clothing

Art Credit : BLACKMOON

Art Credit : BLACKMOON.arts

---

"Your face was priceless," Hange continued the snicker about the events that had transpired a few moments ago. For the first time since you had arrived, you had genuinely rolled your eyes at the laughing brunette.

"It was not, that was so improper for myself." You huffed as you two walked side by side. Today it was just you and Hange, Sasha was helping with the preparation for the ball.

The two of you grew silent, but it was a comfort silence. A soft breeze ruffled the rose petals and your hair. Then a faint clicking noise in the distance, which your feet picked up to turn a corner of the estate to see him.

Levi stood gracefully in a stance, his pointed sword in one hand and his other outstretched behind him to keep his balance. Sweat seemed to bean on his face as the other person stood in a more closed off position.

The other person's face was covered before they pulled off their protective head gear. It ended up being Erwin. Hange started to clap dramatically at my side as she cheered out.

"Woohoo! Go King!" She laughed as your eyes were fixated on the cold face of him. He relaxed his body bringing himself to a normal stance. Erwin walked over it to take the sword and replace it with a towel in his hand.

The shirt he wore was damp and clung to the muscles that decorated his build. The sight was quite intoxicating, but you shook it off as his body walked toward you and Hange.

His hand held the towel as he softly patted it against his face. His cold eyes on you.

"What are you doing brat?" He asked in a monotone voice. You looked slightly at Hange, trying to have her help you.

Which she got the signal.

"We're just taking a breather from dancing." She spoke.

"Wasn't talking to you," his dark eyes lingered on your face. "But alright." He then turned back to Erwin, as he just went back to practicing.

You and Hange stood there for a while, it felt like an honor to be able to stand there to watch their swords clashing back and forth. Soon Hange ushered you away to go back to practicing dancing with her this evening.