Chapter 5 - Two Left Feet

The morning of practice, Hange came into your room and opened the curtains abruptly. You groaned as the sunlight brightened the room.

"We're late, wake up Lady (Y/n)!" Hange chimed in a singing like tune. You grumbled before sitting up in the bed.

Once you were woken up, which took several tries but Sasha had you dressed in a silk button up and skirt for dance practice. Sasha wore a button up with her oversized pants that were held to her body by her fragile belt. You three soon walked to the dance practice room.

After only a few hours of dancing, the room was hot and filled with tension. You stood to the off side sighing as the steps just didn't coordinate with your feet. Sasha looked at you concerned as you just shook it off.

"Lady (Y/n), let's take a break." Hange nodded softly as her hand placed on your shoulder. You nodded hesitantly.

"Go get some fresh air?" Sasha she said in a form of a question before nodding. You nodded before wiping the small amount of sweat off your forehead.

"Care if I accompany you?" Hange held her hand out toward you before you nodded. Sasha opened her mouth before you nodded to her.

——— • ———

Your arm relaxed in Hange's as you three all walked down the adorn pavement. You still didn't know your way around, so having Hange guide you and explain various flowers that you encountered along the walk. The floral smell relaxing your body as you spoke up.

"How are flowers bloomed this late into spring?" You inquired looking at Hange. A sly smile grew on her face before she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"I invented a device that keeps the plants equally hydrated causing the flowers to bloom longer than other plants in other places." She nodded in triumph. You giggled which caused Hange to give you a side-eyed look. Soon everything fell silent besides to click of the groups steps.

"Lady (Y/n)...can I speak freely?" Hange questioned as you looked up at her before nodding.

"I worry for you, Levi hasn't been the same since the plague took his people and his beloved...I just don't want you to run away like the rest, cause everyone genuinely loves having you around.." Hange awkwardly cleared her throat. Your hand gave her arm a reassuring squeeze as you spoke as your face lifted up looking up to the sky.

"My teacher told me a quote that changed my perspective on love and how fair it can be and it goes like this, 'true love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can be denied where it does..' I believe I can find myself content with or without the King's affection because my life is already filled with love in the people I habe myself surrounded by." Your face looked down and turned to Sasha and Hange smiling softly.

Hange's hand lift up to cup my hand on her other arm smiling kindly.

"You are truly different madam. Wherever have you been." You guys giggled before you turned to Sasha before ushering her to your side between you and Hange. The sky started to settle to a soft orange sky as you all turned to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Sasha took a soft breath before speaking in awe.

"The view is extraordinary here Hange." You reached out to grasp Sasha's hand before looking at Sasha, sharing the common adorn look for each other, before you shook your head.

"I'm ready to give dancing one more try!" You giggled as the two other women looked at each other before chuckling.

"Let's do a little more before supper is served." Sasha nodded. Soon the three of you were walking back in small chatter before dancing a little more for the night.