Chapter 20: Devil Make a Deal

✧.* -2023: Somewhere in Rio de Janeiro ✧.*

Dom listens impassively as Aimes goes on a tirade about the new replacing the old sounding very much like a male YouTube influencer trying to get people to buy his online course to learn how to rise and grind more efficiently. Dom just sighs before buckling himself in and holding onto the handlebars behind his head as the armored van speeds down the streets of Rio and onto the bridge. Aimes ridicules him like the wannabe know-it-all he is. Dom can feel that something is going to happen soon and he won't be the one flailing about when it does.

Just as Aimes makes a face at Dom's preparations a targeted missile hits the armored van causing every car in the convoy to flip from the force of impact. Inside the van everyone but Dom is thrown around due to the shifting gravity of the flipping van. When it comes to a stop, lying upside down, Dom unbuckles quickly and stands up. He surveys the shocked soldiers at his feet. After a moment they snap out of it and prepare to open the van, guns at the ready.

When the van's doors are thrown open the world outside is chaos. Cars are crashing everywhere from the shock or avoidance of the small pileup created by the convoy's cars and bullets zip by everyone's ears as the soldiers return fire to the blockade made of cars and thugs, presumably under Dante's control. The blockade is on the other side of the smoldering cars that had been surrounding the convoy as it began to drive across the bridge meaning there is some minimal cover for Dom and the agency soldiers to duck behind as they attempt to fight back. Dom looks around at the scene with his head held high and before he ducks behind one of the cars due to another round of fire targeted at him he sees Dante pull up in his 1966 lavender Chevrolet Impala.

Dante climbs out of his car with a lack of regard for danger that is similar to Dom's own. He slams the door shut and rounds his car, stopping at the trunk which he taps jovially. He's giddy at the fact every piece of his plan is falling into place so flawlessly. He can practically feel how close he is to having y/n back and Dom out of commission.

"Oh, Dominic! I brought you back to where we first met..." Dante yells, taunting.

Dom grits his teeth, disgusted with Dante as per usual. He makes a mental note to question y/n whenever he sees her again as to why she ever gave a shit about this psycho.

"I've got a little surprise for you," Dante says before popping his trunk to reveal a terrified-looking Isabel who he grabs roughly and hauls out of the car.

Dom sees her fighting the best she can in Dante's grasp but while she might be able to match him in ferocity she can't match his physical strength and size. Dom looks and sees that the gas tank of the car he is hiding behind has cracked, leaking the flammable liquid all over the undercarriage making the car a literal ticking time bomb. He quickly uses a piece of rebar shoved in the car's cabin at just the right angle to hit the gas. Aimes looks over before tossing him a gun, basically making an agreement to be on the same side for the time being in order to beat Dante. Aimes and the agency soldiers continue to shoot at Dante's lackeys as Dom uses every bit of strength he can muster to push the car upright, one-handed as his other hand holds onto his gun.

The car takes off when its wheels hit the ground, conveniently killing one of Dante's men by pinning him to his own car before it explodes. Dom uses this diversion to pick off more of Dante's men as Dom marches forward toward the makeshift barricade, covered by Aimes.

"Dominic! Dominic! Will you stop hurting my new friends!" Dante yells out looking absolutely livid and holding onto Isabel by both her arm and her hair.

"Nah, I'm only here to hurt you," Dom says gruffly.

"Oh, I'm not gonna lie to ya, that little car stunt you just did, pretty awesome," Dante says before looking down at a very uncomfortable Isabel, "isn't it?"