13 Years Later

California

United States

2009

Voice over: Tony Stark. Visionary. Genius. American patriot. Even from an early age, the son of legendary weapons developer Howard Stark quickly stole the spotlight with his brilliant and unique mind. At age four, he built his first circuit board. At age six, his first engine. And at 17, he graduated summa cum laude from MIT. Then, the passing of a titan. Howard Stark's lifelong friend and ally, Obadiah Stane, steps in to help fill the gap left by the legendary founder, until, at age 21, the prodigal son returns and is anointed the new CEO of Stark Industries. With the keys to the kingdom, Tony ushers in a new era for his father's legacy, creating smarter weapons, advanced robotics, satellite targeting. Today, Tony Stark has changed the face of the weapons industry by ensuring freedom and protecting America and her interests around the globe.

James Rhodes: As liaison to Stark Industries, I've had the unique privilege of serving with a real patriot. He is my friend and he is my great mentor. Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to present this year's Apogee Award to Mr. Tony Stark. Tony?

The applause continued for some time until someone from the crowd stepped up and headed towards the stage and stood next to Rhodes

Obadiah Stane: Thank you, Colonel.

James Rhodes: Thanks for the save.

Obadiah Stane: This is beautiful. Thank you. Thank you all very much. This is wonderful. Well, I'm not Tony Stark. But if I were Tony, I would tell you how honored I feel and what a joy it is to receive this very prestigious award. Tony, you know...The best thing about Tony is also the worst thing. He's always working.

Meanwhile Tony Stark was playing in the casino with a very large gathering of people to watch as he gambles away

Tony Stark: Work it! Come on! We should just stay till the morning.

Woman: You are unbelievable.

Suddenly Rhodes arrived which caught Tony's attention

Tony Stark: Oh, no! Did they rope you into this?

James Rhodes: Nobody roped me into anything!

Tony Stark: I'm so sorry.

James Rhodes: But they told me that if I presented you with an award, you'd be deeply honored.

Tony Stark: Of course I'd be deeply honored. And it's you, that's great. So, when do we do it?

James Rhodes: It's right here. Here you go.

Before Tony could turn back to the table Rhode's handed him the award that he was supposed to be at not realising the time

Tony Stark: There it is. That was easy. I'm so sorry.

James Rhodes: Yeah, it's okay.

Tony Stark: Wow! Would you look at that? That's something else. I don't have any of those floating around. Uh, we're gonna let it ride! Give me a hand, will you? Give me a little something-something.

Tony held out the dice for the hot girl to blow on the dice then Tony holds the dice out to Rhodes who looked unhappy

Tony Stark: Okay, you, too.

James Rhodes: I don't blow on a man's dice.

Tony Stark: Come on, honey bear.

James Rhodes: I don't blow on a man's dice.

Rhodes knocked Tony's hand away causing the dice to roll and land on the table

Tony Stark: There it is. Lieutenant Colonel Rhodes rolls! And...