All Eyes On Him

With the days leading up to the sports festival coming and going quickly, Aizawa's words still echo in Izuku's mind. The fact that the league was specifically targeting his class as well as the strongest members of that class is a clear indicator that the league of villains knows that the successor is in UA. This being said, Izuku trains himself nearly to the bone in order to prepare himself for the sports festival. For the two full weeks that lead up to it his routine is the same, get up half past four in the morning, eat a protein and carb heavy breakfast, head on a 10km run, then hit the gym around 6am. Anything and everything not bolted down to the floor is lifted up and moved, either being curled, pressed, lifted or attached to him as he went for a run on the treadmill and stair climbers. In his mind, the two weeks of intense training should pay off for the festival, and normally he'd spend every waking second training as hard as he can, All Might had suggested that he take the last four days of the two weeks to rest his muscles and stretch in order to rid his body of any lactic acid build up and to stretch continuously in order to avoid anything tearing.

Little to his knowledge the other members of his class have been scheming since their agreement after the battle training. While Kirishima and Shoji had joined him almost every day at the gym, the other members that formed the class pact have been scheming on what to do during the sports festival. "First things first, we don't know what the first two events are going to be during the sports festival. They've been randomized every single year, however there is always a one versus one tournament for the top 16 that have gotten through the first two rounds." Momo begins, the 'Deku Force' as coined by Mina and Toru, have claimed the mostly empty rooftop of the dorms for this meeting. Around a table, created by Momo, sit Momo herself, Todoroki, Iida, Kaminari, Sero, Ochako, Mina, Tsuyu, Toru and Ojiro while the others mill about their usual Saturday afternoon activities to not raise suspicions.

"So what's the plan then? Take the fall so that he can get the spotlight? *kero*" Tsuyu asks, tilting her head slightly to the side and pressing her index finger to her chin. "That isn't exactly a good idea since, it'd be a little obvious."

"Of course not, he wouldn't grow as a hero and neither would we for that matter. If we have to face off against him in the tournament, we go all out. We owe it to ourselves and to him to try as best as possible." Iida states, his hand chopping causing the table to rattle slightly disturbing the random assortment of cups, soda cans and Momo's porcelain tea cup.

"Whoever that league of villains is probably knows that Midoriya is probably All Might's successor. They targeted myself, Bakugou, Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami and him, and of the five of us they threw that Nomu thing at Midoriya specifically. I didn't catch what their leader said, but Tsu mentioned hearing that their leader said it was meant to defeat All Might." Todoroki says recalling the events of the USJ attack. "If that thing was meant for All Might, why else would they sick it on Midoriya unless they think he is the successor."

"What's this have to do with the Sports Festival?" Mina asks.

"My point is that the villains know that he is All Might's successor and threw that monster at him to capture Deku. Us going all out, isn't gonna mean jack shit against him since until we stepped in and created an opening for him to use Yaomomo's thermite grenade he had that thing fought to a standstill." Todoroki says.

"This mean you're going to use your fire against him?" Kaminari asks.

"As much as it pains me to say this, I probably have no choice." Todoroki responds, "That quirk has brought nothing but pain to me because my father is obsessed with it. Since I might have to fight against the One for All quirk itself, I have to use my bastard father's quirk to even stand a chance against it."

"Unless I want to commit a war crime, I don't think I'm gonna be using my quirk on him if we end up fighting." Mina says rather sheepishly.

"I don't think that would be the best of ideas Mina, I don't think a televised violation of the Geneva convention would go well for your hero career." Momo says with a slight wince.