The Tournament Begins!

Todoroki places his left hand on the ice dome he created to protect himself and his team from the onslaught of other students. Mei's shield made the dome practically indestructible and with Iida suggesting that they use it and Todoroki's ice powers they could sit out the bulk of the fight and easily get to the next round. While Deku himself partly wanted to fight alongside his friends, this was the logical move especially with such a massive target on their heads. The ice begins melting revealing the team of five to the rest of the stadium as the students who didn't make it to the final round turn in their headbands and head up to the stands to watch the rest of the festival. On the jumbotron above them, the team turns to look at who had made it to the next round from the cavalry battle.

Midoriya Izuku

Iida Tenya

Todoroki Shouto

Hatsume Mei

Uraraka Ochako

Bakugou Katsuki

Kirishima Eijirou

Kaminari Denki

Yaoyorozu Momo

Shiozaki Ibara

Ashido Mina

Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Fumikage Tokoyami

Kayama Hitoshi

Hanta Sero

Aoyama Yuga

"That was easier than I thought it would be, good teamwork guys." Iida says as the five dismount from the rider formation. "Though this might be the end of that little team effort, the next event is a one versus one tournament just like the previous years."

"Well that was a lot of fun, but I think I might end up catching a cold from that." Ochako says before shivering slightly since they were literally inside an ice cube. "I'm gonna go thaw out, hopefully I don't have to go up and fight first." Ochako says before she wanders off

"How can you handle being that cold for so long? That was like being in an ice box." Izuku asks as he walks alongside Todoroki and Iida towards where Midnight is collecting the headbands. He places his inside a basket that she's holding out before waiting for the others to catch up with him.

"Ice powers." Todoroki responds as he catches up with Deku, "That entire side of my body is always cold. See?" He asks before grabbing Izuku by the back of the neck, the intense cold of Todoroki's hand against his neck causes Izuku to scrunch up.

"Gahhhhh!!!" Izuku shouts, feeling the intense cold against his neck. "Whyyyy???" He hisses through the cold touch. "You're hand feels like it's made of ice! That's... fascinating." He says before pulling one of his hero guide journals from somewhere on his person before beginning to take notes. "Is your other hand hot then? I thought your quirk only changed the temperature when you were using it."

"That isn't my quirk. It's my father's and I refuse to use it." Todoroki responds before walking off leaving Izuku stunned at the sudden outburst.

"What's his problem?" Izuku asks, prompting Iida to shrug as the two head up to the stands for a brief intermission between events.

Those who didn't end up progressing to the final round are invited back to the field for an activity during the interim between the cavalry and tournament events. From the stands it looks like complete chaos, and at some point the stop light squad, consisting of Kirishima, Kaminari and Izuku, watch confusedly as Itsuka Kendo of class 1-B man handles Monoma. From the stands it looks like the two exchange words for a moment before her hands increase size due to her quirk and she grabs him before walking off. In the center of the arena itself, Cementos spreads his hands against the grass causing the ground to rumble slightly before a large raised platform emerges from the soil. The concrete arena stands almost as tall as the lowest ring of seats around the arena. With a few of Nezu's attending robots painting the UA logo in the center of the ring, and drawing the large white boundary lines, the tournament is set to begin. "Alright everyone! It's time for the main event, the one versus one tournament!" Midnight announces from her little podium on the field. The crowd roars with excitement as the jumbotron displays the bracket for the first match.