Chapter 16

After celebrating Christmas and New Year with their fellow drivers, both Pierre and Jessica were trying to enjoy every moment together while they could before the 2027 seasom starts. Jess, who was now going onto 30 weeks pregnant, was relaxing on the couch gently stroking her baby bump when she could feel them moving and kicking. "Pierre, come here! Baby is moving and kicking." Jessica calls to the kitchen. The frenchman walks into the room and sits beside his wife. "Pass your hand. And place it here." Jess smiles, gently grabbing ahold of Pierre's wrist and placing it where the baby is kicking.

"That's our baby?" Pierre asks and Jess nods while grinning. "It sure is." the girl chuckles. Pierre gently kisses her bump, both of them making the most of the moments of the baby still growing knowing they can come anywhere between 30-40 weeks. "You know, the baby could come while you're away." Jessica frowns, looking at Pierre. "Yeah. But I'll try to be here." he reassures her, gently kissing her cheek. "And if you're not?" Jess turns to him. "I'll get one of my brothers to be there for you." Pierre smiles as Jess nods. "Okay. I hope you're here." Jessica smiles. "Me too, má cheriè." Pierre softly kisses her lips.

"How about we go on a date to the café you love?" Pietre suggests and Jessica immediately smiles. "I'd love that." she grims as he helps het stand up. The couple slide their shoes on before grabbing all their belongings and heading out.

The café which was a 5 minute walk had become their favorite place to grab a bit to eat if they didn't feel like eating at home or something to drink. "Have your favorite?" Pierre asks as the couple walk in. "Yeah. But instead of a tea, I'll have a water. Baby isn't playing very nice with cups of tea." Jessica laughs before going to find a table.

Pierre got to the table with their tray of food and drinks before and sitting opposite his wife. Both of them talk about the baby as well as when Jess is making her racing comeback. "2 months baby. And they're here." Pierre smiles, taking Jess' hand into his. "I know. It's scary how quick the pregnancy has gone. But our baby is soon going to be here despite this tough pregnancy." Jess smiles, unlinking her fingers and wrapping her arms around Pierre's waist. "I know it has but you've managed so well. I'm so proud of you and extremely excited for our little bundle to be here." Pierre smiles as Jessica looks up at him. He leans down and gently kisses her.