Chapter 17

The first race of the 2027 season and Pierre was already away for the first race. 37 weeks pregnant and Jessica was at home with Pierre's brother Philippe who she was extremely close to. Pierre suggested Philippe stays with her on race weekend while he's away incase the baby comes early. Her doctors appointment the morning of the Monday before Pierre went away, the doctor said that 37-40 weeks was normal as the baby was fully grown.

The pair watched free practice and qualifying that weekend while Jess was suffering some indescribable pains. She was having braxton hicks before and thought she was still having them. It was late Sunday afternoon in early March and the Grand Prix in Imola, which wasn't too far from Milan, was well underway. Philippe and Jess sported their shirt's in support of Pierre as the camera tossed between all 20 drivers.

"He's doing great, isn't h...you okay, Jess?" Philippe asks his sister-in-law. "Yeah. Just braxton hicks. Nothing serious." Jess smiles, lying to Philippe. "Okay. Lets cheer on P." Philippe nods, not thinking anything more of it. The two continue to watch the race until Jess feels a gush of water between her legs. "Ugh, Philippe." Jess pokes his shoulder. "What's up, Jess?" the older Gasly sibling asks. "I think my water has broken. Ohh, this can't be happening now. The race is still on." Jess says as she begins to panic. "Jess, hey. Calm down. Lets go, I'll use your phone to call Pierre's engineer so he can retire from the race and come to be by your side." Philippe calmly reassures her. Jessica nods as Philippe helps her stand up.

"Where's your hospital bag?" her brother-in-law asks. "By the front door." Jessica groans as she experiences a strong contraction. "Okay. Deep breathes, give me your phone." Philippe instructs. Jessica unlocks her phone and opens her contacts to Pierre's engineer before handing it to Philippe. After a few rings he gets through to him and explains the situation. "Okay. His engineer is going to tell him, get him to retire and he'll be straight on a flight here." Philippe reassures Jess as she breathes through a contraction.

Driving as quick as he can, Philippe rushes Jessica to the hospital while timing her contractions. "Fuck, these are strong." Jess groans. "It's going to be okay. Pierre is on his way. You'll get through this." Philippe reassures. Jessica nods as her brother-in-law finds a parking space and jumps out his side of the car before rushing round to hers.

Helping her inside the hospital, Philippe informs the receptionist who immediately goes to find a nurse aswel as a wheelchair. "Please, stay with me until Pierre is here." Jessica says, grabbing the older Gasly sibling's hand. "I won't go anywhere until he's here." Philippe reassures her. A nurse soon comes and takes Jess up to the labour and delivery ward. "I'll be right back, Jess. I'm just going to grab your bags." Philippe smiles. "Can you also text Paul, Cyril and Nicolas to let them know?" the british girl asks as the older frenchman nods with a small smile.

Once the epidural was administered, the labour was slow. Pierre managed to arrive and despite being in his racing fireproofs, he was determined to be by his wifes side. "I'm glad you're here." Jess smiles, reaching out for Pierre's hand. "Wouldn't miss this for the world." Pierre smiles, taking the girls hand. Jess knew he sacrificed his race to be beside her when the baby arrives. "How's the pain?" Pierre asks, gently rubbing back of the brits hand with his thumb. "Tolerable." Jess laughs.

The race had just finished but it had been on from the moment Jess got into her room. "I'm glad Lando won today." Jess smiles. "Me too. He deserved it. Just like Charles deserved P2 and George deserved P3." Pierre smiles. "Yeah. I just wished you could have finish the race." Jess frowns, looking at Pierre. "Baby, I didn't want to miss the birth of our little miracle after everything you went through this pregnancy to have them." Pierre smiles, genuine in his tone of voice.

Hours pass and Jessica was closer to having their miracle baby. "You've got this love. Our baby is going to be here soon." Pierre smiles, his wife tightly grabbing onto his hand. "I'm glad we've agreed on one baby." Jessica glares at him. Pierre simply laughs before the doctor tells Jessica to push on her next contraction. "Okay. Heads out. Few more pushes and they'll be here." the doctor says. Jess nods before taking a few deep breathes.

The whole delivery was exhausting for Jess but she managed to deliver a healthy baby. "They're here baby, they're here." Pierre smiles. "I can't believe it. But I'm serious, no more kids." Jess tiredly smiles as Pierre leans down and kisses her gently on her lips. "Congratulations, it's a healthy baby girl. She's early but completely healthy." the doctor smiles, laying the newborn baby on Jessica's chest. "Hi my girl." Jess smiles, looking at the newborn baby girl on her chest. "Genève Noëllé Anthoinette Gasly." the british McLaren driver smiles, looking from her daughter to her husband. "What?" Pierre asks, thinking he misheard. "Her name. I was thinking about the two options while I was on my way here and your option fits perfectly. Our little Genève Noëllé Anthoniette Gasly." Jessica says with a wide smile. "It does fit her perfectly." Pierre smiles aswell as they both look back to their daughter.

The nurses took Genève to change her and do all the necessary checks before handing her to Pierre. "You get some rest,
I'm going to have cuddles with Genève." Pierre smiles as Jessica nods. The brunette, brown-eyed british girl falls asleep on her bed as the blue-eyed frenchman sits in a chair in the corner of the room with his daughter in his arms. "You look so much like your mummy, my little girl. An absolutely gorgeous girl. Me and mummy cannot wait for our friends and family to meet you." Pierre whispers before gently kissing his daughters head.