Chapter 33

A year passed and a lot happened. Jessica began training at 6 months postpartum then returned to racing once she was cleared. The news was announced that Jess was returning for the 2028 season. Excitment roared through the paddock after the news broke. Both Jess and Genève had been going to more races since the now one-year-old was old enough to attend all the races.

"Mama, Mama." Genève smiles as Jessica walks into living room. "Hi baby." Jessica smiles as her daughter waddles over to her. The one year old is still on her way to walking. "Are you still learning to walk?" the McLaren driver asks as she picks up the mini version of herself. "Yeah!" Genève exclaims. "How about we get papa and you can learn to walk from me to him?" Jess suggests as Genève nods.

"Babe, come here." Jessica calls up the stairs to Pierre, the couple now being married just over 3 years. "What's going on?" Pierre asks. "We're going to get Genève to walk from me to you before we leave for Baku." Jessica smiles, walking over to the living room and sitting on the floor. Placing Genève between her legs. Pierre sits opposite Jessica. "Ready baby girl?" Jess looks at her daughter as she nods. The one year old makes a few small steps towards Pierre before taking a few strides and landing in her father's arms. "You're getting there, Genève. A few more lessons and we'll be there." Pierre smiles, standing up with his daughter in his arms. "Come on. We have a flight to my first race back." Jessica smiles, sliding her shoes on.

Despite being restless halfway through the flight, Genève easily settled down when she was cuddled into her mum's chest. "Thought she wasn't going to settle down." Pierre jokes, handing his brunette wife Genève's blanket. "Me too. Means we can get some sleep." Jessica breathes a sigh of relief. "Yeah. It's going to be late when we get there." Pierre says, handing another blanket to Jess for herself.

Landing in Baku, a car was waiting for the three with their luggage already being loaded in. Pierre carried a sleeping Genève with her little head resting on his shoulder. "Guess we're getting an early night in the hotel then." Jess chuckles as Pierre nods his head in agreement.

Friday was just as chaotic as the flight over. Genève eventually settled with Zak in the garage as Jessica prepared for the first two free practice sessions. "Alright, come here my baby." Jessica says, walking over to Zak and Genève once in her race suit. The 1 year old girl smiles as her mum gently kisses the side of her head. "You've got this Jess. Prove to everyone why you're a world champion and a great driver." Zak smiles, taking the young girl in his arms.

Getting into her car, Jess heads out for her garage to begin her first practice session. "Radio check?" Jess asks through her radio. "Loud and clear. Welcome back, Jess. Lets do this." Alex respondes. "I missed this feeling and hearing your voice." Jess laughs. "I missed yours too, Jessica." Alex laughs aswell before Jess goes back to focusing on her practice sessions.

The whole weekend was on to adjust to yet Jessica still managed to finish P2 on her first race back as Pierre finished P3. Pulling up in the parc fermé, Jess had already celebrated with her team when Pierre stopped his car and she has Genève in her arms. The one year old smiling and laughing at her mum's enthusiasm. Pierre quickly celebrates with his team before making his way over to his wife and daughter. "Papa! Papa!" Genève reaches out for Pierre as he reaches them.

The Alpine driver takes his daughter into his arms as she places a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "Don't worry, I got the same." Jessica laughs, kissing his lips before using her sleve to wipe his cheek of an slava Genève left. "Clearly she's proud of us, aren't you baby girl?" Pierre turns to his youngest daughter. Genève laughs as she nods her head in excitement. "Alright, you're going to stand with Uncle Lando while me and papa celebrate our double win." Jess gently rubs her thumb across her daughters cheek.

Lando takes Genève from Pierre so he and Jess head up to the podium along side Max. The dutch national played before the trophies were handed. Jess and Pierre looked at each other before looking at their daughter who's smiling widely in Lando's arms as she looked up at her two parents. "Mama, Papa." Genève giggles, pointing at them. "Yeah. That's your parents up there." Lando smiles, bouncing the girl on his hip.

The pair spray champagne all over each other as they celebrate another double podium before tightly hugging despite being soaking wet. The pair take a sip of their champagne before gettimg a photo and stepping off the podium. Genève is handed back to Pierre as Lando hugs Jess. "Congratulations Jess. On your first race back. Fully deserved. Come on, team photo." the younger driver grins before dragging the girl with him as she tightly grips onto her trophy.

Pierre watches from afar as Jess, Lando and the McLaren tram celebrate her podium finish. "Jess, quick word." Zak says. "Sure. What's up?" Jessica asks, wiping the extra champagne from her face. "How about I look after Genève tonight so you can go out and celebrate." The CEO suggests. "Are you sure?" Jessica asks. "Of course I am. You deserve a night off being a mum and celebrate your win." Zak smiles. "Thank you." the older, experienced driver smiles.

The rest of the evening and night consisted of the drivers celebrating a successful weekend which consisted of no DNF's or race retirement's. Getting back to their hotel room, Pierre and Jessica changed and laid, cuddled up, enjoying a peaceful night without Genève.