Chapter 29

Weeks passed, Genève had her two month check up and both Pierre and Jessica were given then good news that she was able to travel with them to the next grand prix. None of the other drivers were aware of Jess returning the paddock and Genève joining them as she and Pierre agreed to keep it a secret. On the day of them travelling out to Silverstone, the alpine and mclaren driver were up early while Genève was still asleep, double checking they had everything they needed for the flight.

"Okay, so we have everything we need." Pierre grins, gathering their suitcases together. "Just need to wake Genève and change her so she's ready to go." Jessica smiles, walking over to her daughter and picking her up into her arms. "Good morning my baby. I'm sorry I woke you but we're going to watch daddy race." Jessica smiles, gently placing multiple kisses on Genève's face as the baby girl lets out a few cries followed by giggles.

"There's our baby's smile." Pierre smiles walking over to them before tickling Genève's stomach and the young baby burtst out laughing. "Lets get you ready to go to my home country." Jessica smiles, carrying Genève to her room and changing the 2 month old baby girl into a comforting outfit for the flight from Italy to England. Gathering a few of Genève's last things, the three head out their luxurious Milan house and go straight to the airport.

The long flight from Milan to the airport closest to Silverstone was enough time for Jess to settle Genève back down for a nap. "She's asleep now. Should be for the whole flight, hopefully." Jess smiles, laying Genève down before walking over to Pierre and sitting on his lap, laying her head on his shoulder as the frenchman wraps his arms around his british wifes waist. "I'm happy she's able to come with us. I've missed you beside me on the track." Pierre smiles, unconscious running his fingers through the girls brown hair. "Me too. I'm glad it's silverstone she's getting to come to aswell. I've missed the track." Jess says as she begins to gently run the tips of her fingers along the side of her husband's face.

"No matter what happens this weekend, you're always going to be my race winner. It's you against everyone else just like it's me, you and Genève against the world." Jess smiles, lifting her head of Pierre's shoulders and gently pressing her lips against his, her hand resting on his cheek while his stay around her waist. "It'll always be us. And I promise to try and win your home race for both you and our baby." Pierre smiles as he seperates from the kiss. "I'd like that." Jess smiles, pecking Pierre's lips one more time before laying her head on his shoulder again and looks over at Genève who was peacefully sleeping. "I've missed you flying with me. I always feel relaxed with you beside me." Pierre whispers, going back to playing with the ends of the teesside girl's brown hair.

"I know. You hate flying without me." Jess laughs, feeling her eyes slowly getting heavy. "Get some sleep love. I'll wake you when we're about to land." Pierre whispers as Jess nods before falling asleep on his shoulder. Grabbing his jacket that was beside him, Pierre lays it over Jessica's shoulders before tightening his grip around her.

Landing in silverstone, Pierre woke Jessica gently and the british mclaren girl walks over to Genève who was just waking up. "Are you ready?" the french alpine driver asks the his wife as she held their daughter. "I can't wait to be home and watch you in my home race." Jessica chuckles. The plane landed and the small family unboard from the plane as their luggage is aswell. "In my home country at last." Jessica giggles as Genève lays in her arms while Pierre sets up the pram. "Missed it?" Pierre asks, glancing at his brown-eyed wife. "Yeah. I messaged my family earlier and was still able to arrange paddock passes for them to come despite me not racing. Zak understands how important seeing my family is when I'm here, especially with me living away from the UK." Jess say, placing Genève in her pram.

The hotel was fitted with room for Genève's protable cot that was gifted to Pierre and Jess at a race just after the little baby girl was born by some fans. The two were extremely grateful to the fans who gave it to them. "This can now come in useful." Pierre says, assembling the cot. "Definitely. Especially now she gets to travel with us." Jess smiles, sitting on the bed and laying her daughter on her lap.

"She looks like you, you know." Jess says, turning to Pierre. "She has got your lips, hair color and nose. Just my eye colour and eye shape." Pierre grins, looking over at the two. "She's both of us and I'm just praying to give her a sibling." Jess smiles, looking at the happy 2 month old girl on her lap. "We just have to pray. And it's okay if we can't. We're happy as a family of 3. We have our little miracle and each other as well as our family and friends. What more do we need?" Pierre softly smiles. "True. Life is perfect. We have a beautiful little girl, amazing careers, great friends and a loving family. We're doing good." Jessica agrees.

The rest of the weekend consisted of the rest of the drivers meeting Genève, Nico and Kevin spilling parenting tips to new parents. Both Jessica's and Pierre's family also met their neice/grand-daughter. The couple even introduced their daughter to her first track walk. Sunday arrived and the small family were in Pierre's drivers room. Pierre was warming up while Jess was feeding Genève. "You're going to do amazing, love. I know it." Jessica smiles, looking at Pierre as he warms up.

"My two lucky charms are here. I know I am." Pierre grins as he finishes his warm ups. "We'll be watching from the garage." Jess smiles as Genève finishes her feed. "Alright. I'll see you two after the race." Pierre smiles, softly pecking Jessica's lips then the top of Genève's head. The british mum heads into the garage and puts a pair of headphones before sitting Genève in her arms.

The race starts as the thrill of excitement in the Alpine garage. Pierre was starting P3 while Esteban was starting P12. Genève excitedly kicked her legs as she watched the race start. "Are you excited to watch daddy?" Jessica turns to Genève as she continues to kick her legs. "You are, aren't you." Jessica laughs, lifting Genève up and keeping her sat in her arms.

The 52 laps around the 5.891 kilometer track felt like a long time. Genève fell asleep in Jess' arms as she watched the race. "Come on baby, 5 more laps." Jessica whispers as she watches Pierre battle for P1 with Max on lap 47. The dutchman heads into the pitlane while Pierre stays out. An echo of cheers rings through the garage as Pierre takes the lead from Max. Genève startles awake at the cheer but Jess is quick to calm her down before she begins crying.

The mother and daughter duo watch as Pierre crosses the finish line while the chequered flag is being waved. The alpine team rushed over to the fence before their driver drove around the final corner, celebrating as he crossed the line. In the garage, Bruno walks over to Jessica and Genève and celebrates Pierre's win with them. "He did it. He won my home race just like I did a few years back." Jessica grins, hugging the team principal. "I think it's because he had you two here. You should join us on the parc fermé to celebrate." Bruno smiles. "Alright. He will want cuddles with Genève before the podium." Jess smiles, taking her headset off and heading out the garage

Pierre celebrated his win with the team as well as having cuddles with Genève, the 2 month old smiling at him in his arms before gently kissing Jessica. "Well done love. I'm so proud." she smiles before looking at Genève as she giggles in Pierre's arms. "I think someone is proud." the brunette brit smiles. "She definitely is. You both are." the frenchman grins.

Celebrations roared through the parc fermé as Pierre stepped onto the podium and lifted his trophy in the air. Back in the hotel, Genève was asleep for the night in the portable cot. Pierre and Jess were laid on their bed, the british brown-eyed girl with her head laid on her husband's lap while he ran his fingers through her hair as Jeff Dunham played on netflix on their laptop. "Which of his characters do you like the most?" Pierre whispers, interrupting the silence. "Peanut. But i also like Josè the Jalapeño." Jess whispers back, not taking her attention of the film. "Fair enough." Pierre responds before going back to watching the film.

Unbeknownst to him, Jess had fallen asleep while watching the movie. Pierre didn't realize until he heard a little groan and felt Jess getting into a more comfortable position. He leans over and gently kisses the side of her head before pulling the duvet up. Turning netflix off, Pierre lays down and carefully pulls Jess up so she's laid on his stomach before falling asleep himself.