Wonder Boy and V

"Shit." I mutter, looking down at my hand. There's a long splinter embedded in the soft pad of my finger. "Hurry up, Jeff! It's starting to hurt again!"

"It's just a splinter." Gally snaps from his chair beside me. "Quit cryin' about it."

"Last time I checked, no one asked you to be here. Besides Wonder Boy, you're the one who asked me to help you."

"I told you to stop calling me that."

"And I told you no."

Gally rolls his eyes, glaring at me with his arms crossed. 

"Jeff!" I shout, already annoyed with Gally.

"I'm coming! Chill!" Jeff calls from the back of the Medjack hut. Gally scoffs, making me snap my head back over to him.

"What now?" I snap.

"Nothing." He mutters. I sigh in anger, looking back down at my finger. "It's just ridiculous that you think a splinter that small hurts that bad."

"It does!"

"I've had splinters worse than that, Greenie. They don't hurt."

"Well this one does. Besides, it's your fault I even got this fucking thing in the first place." 

"How is it my fault?!" He shouts, uncrossing his arms and instead placing them on his kneecaps, leaning slightly forward.

"You asked me to help you carry the wood! I'm not a Builder! That's not my job!"

"Well you're the one who was stupid enough to get a splinter. I showed you how to carry it the right way."

"You know I don't listen when you talk!"

"Maybe you should start!"

"God, shut up!" Jeff shouts as he approaches us. "You two are acting like children!"

"We are, moron." I mutter, rolling my eyes. "Now would you please help me out here?"

Jeff kneels down, taking my hand in his and gently tries to get the splinter out.

"Ow." I wince. "Ow, ow, ow."

"Saying that won't help, you know." Gally mumbles, crossing his arms again. "Besides, aren't you a Medjack? Why can't you get your own splinter out?"

"Shut up, Wonder Boy." I snap, wincing again as Jeff pulls the splinter out of my finger carefully.  "You look like a fuckin' potato."

Gally doesn't look like a potato. He never has. In fact, he's actually really attractive. He has these really pretty blue eyes, his brown hair is always cut short, he's insanely tall, he has huge muscles, veiny hands and arms, and a toned body. Something about him just annoys the shit out of me. 

Gally and I aren't friends. We never have been. In fact, we hate each other. Well, it's not actually a full on hate. We can bear to be around each other for a short period of time before getting pissed off, but I think we genuinely enjoy each other's company. 

I'm a Medjack, so I see him and the rest of the Builders a lot. They're always finding ways to get hurt, but Gally seems to always be hurt. It's almost ridiculous how many times I've had to patch him up in the past. 

Alby wanted me to be a Cook, but Newt and I said that would be sexist if he made me do that, so the next best thing for me was Medjack. After all, all the other jobs I tried to do I was terrible at. I nearly cut off Winston's arm when I tried out for Slicer, dropped a hammer on my foot when I tried out for Builder, ended up digging up half the tomato plants when I tried out for Trackhoe, and so on and so forth. All in all, it was the right decision to make me a Medjack.