Ayo, is Gally trying to kill Venus?!?!

I wake up gasping for breath. It feels as if there's some heavy weight on my chest, pinning me to the mattress and keeping me from breathing properly. I try to sit up, but I can't. 

I open my eyes only to find that the heavy weight is Gally. He must've rolled over in his sleep, the only downside of that being that he literally rolled on top of me.

His face is tucked into the crook of my neck, his arms on either side of me, spread like wings. They're so long that one is hanging off one side of the bed, the other pressed firmly against the wall.

I try to move around to wake him up, but nothing works. I try talking to him, but he doesn't budge. I even try rolling over, but he's too heavy. He's fast asleep.

I let out a loud groan, trying once again to push Gally off of me, but he's like dead weight.

"Get up, moron. I can't breathe." I say loudly, smacking his bicep lightly. The only response I get is a low groan from Gally. "I said wake up!"

He hums into my neck, the vibrations sending shivers up and down my spine. I sigh loudly, using all my strength to shove Gally's body off of mine. He lets out a shout as he rolls over and hits the ground, landing with a thud on the wood. 

I can't hold back the laugh that escapes my lips as he falls. I scramble to the side of the bed and peer over with a grin on my face to meet a confused Gally staring up at me, rubbing the back of his head.

"What the hell just happened?" He asks, his voice low and raspy due to sleep.

"I couldn't breathe." I reply shorty, holding out a hand for him to take. He does, allowing me to help him stand up and sit back down on the bed.

"Sorry. I guess I just slept good last night." He shrugs, still rubbing the back of his head. His eyebrows are furrowed and his face is contorted in a look of confusion still.

"So you decided to kill me by suffocation?" I ask, nudging him with a grin.

"It just seemed like the easiest way, I guess." He replies with a smile.

🪐🪐🪐

"Venus, can we talk?" A British voice asks from behind me. I look up to meet eyes with Newt, aka the one person I want to see least in the world right now. 

"I'd rather not." I snap, turning my head back to the drawer of gauze and bandages that I'm organizing in the Medhut.

"Please? It'll just take a second." He pleads. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Not while I'm working." I finally respond. I hear Newt sigh and can practically imagine him running his hand through his hair in desperation.

"I just want to apologize and explain." 

"Not right now." I snap, raising my voice as I push past him and begin straightening up the bottles of pills and painkillers in one of the high cabinets.

"Venny-" He starts, but I cut him off by whipping around and shouting,

"No! I'm too fucking mad at you right now! Piss off!"

Newt looks slightly taken aback by my outburst, but he doesn't move. I sigh loudly and turn around again, standing on the tips of my toes to try to reach some of the bottles. I nearly fall over trying to get them. 

I can feel movement behind me and watch as someone reaches up and grabs a couple bottles of painkillers, lowering them and handing them to me. 

"Here." Newt whispers, his eyes silently pleading with me. I don't respond, grabbing the bottles and placing them neatly on the lower shelves. "Now can I please bloody explain?"

I hesitate before answering. "You have two minutes."

"Look, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions about Gally's intentions, but I've known him for a long bloody time. I know exactly the kind of person that he is and the kind of stuff that he'll try to do." He states, running a hand over his hair before dropping it to his side again. "He's violent, stubborn, and straight-forward about things. He likes things done his way. If something isn't to his liking, he gets bloody pissed about it. I don't wanna see him hurt you because you did something that he didn't like or because you didn't do something that he wanted."

"I've known him just as long as you have, Newton. I came up in that fuckin' box right after Gally, remember? I know that he can be violent and stubborn, but he isn't like that with me! He's kind to me." I snap, crossing my arms.

"That's just what he wants you to think, Venus. Face it, the guy's crazy." I groan in frustration, running my hands through my hair.

"He isn't crazy! Sure, he's a little broken, but so are you! So are all of us! Everyone copes in different ways! His way is just different from everyone else's! He's a good person, okay?!" I shout in agitation, pleading with him to understand. Newt just shakes his head.

"You don't understand, Venny! He's earned your trust! He's gotten you to defend him before he tries anything! What's gonna happen when he does something to you and we don't believe you when you tell us because you've been defending him all this time?! The minute that we start to believe that there's good in Gally is when he'll take advantage of you! That's his plan! He's not a good person, Venus! He's just like all the other Builders!"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"I've heard them, Venny. They constantly make comments about you and your body. They're always making these stupid shucking bets. All they ever talk about is which of them can get in your pants and which of them can't. And guess who's always there and doesn't say anything? Gally. That's who. That's the kind of person that he is, Venus."

I go completely silent, staring at absolutely nothing. It can't be true. What Newt said can't be true. Gally would never do that to me. 

"I don't believe you." I snap, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Yes you do. You know you do." He replies softly, placing a hand on my shoulder. I shrug it off, smacking his hand away.

"You're a liar! Gally wouldn't do that! He wouldn't say those things! You're a fucking liar!"

Newt just shakes his head, his hair falling into his eyes. He pushes it up, placing both hands on his hips.

"Then there's nothing more I can bloody do for you." He mutters. He turns around to leave, but adds, "Don't ever say that I didn't try to warn you."

And with that, Newt's gone, leaving me in the Medhut staring at the door.