Anyone else get moonburn from time to time or just me?

Gally walks me back to my hut later that night. His hand is on my lower back as he guides me through the darkness, butterflies fluttering around my rib cage at his light touch. 

The world seems to be quiet. Everyone's asleep besides us, the silence broken only by the crickets chirping deep in the woods and our light footsteps. We're both completely silent, but it isn't awkward.

We finally reach my hut, stopping outside the door. I turn to face him, a smile on my face.

"Thank you." I say quietly, for fear that I might wake someone up.

"Any time." He replies. "Goodnight, Venus."

"Goodnight, Gal." I turn around, resting my hand on the doorknob. I'm about to turn it when I decide against it, turning back around to face Gally. He must've been waiting for me to get inside before he left because he's standing a few feet behind me.

I walk towards him slowly, biting my lip nervously. He grins when he sees me. I place my hands on his chest, gripping his shirt to keep myself steady as I stand on the tips of my toes to kiss him softly.

Gally takes a hold of my waist to keep me steady, so I loosen my grip, my hands now just resting on his chest. 

His lips move against mine slowly, causing my bones to ignite on fire once again. I feel my face heating up.

Gally pulls me closer to him, causing my breath to hitch in my throat and my stomach to explode with a new swarm of butterflies. He's smiling against my lips.

His hands grip my waist as he slowly lifts me up just slightly, but enough that I can reach his lips easier. Enough that I can slide my hand up his neck, tangling my fingers in his short hair. Enough that I can pull him closer to kiss him deeper, especially when he bends his head down slightly more than before, making it easier for me to continue kissing him

God, the things the man does to me without realizing it.

Slowly, our movements begin to slow. We both pull away, but Gally still holds me close to him. I smile and he smiles back. 

"Wow." I breathe out after a few seconds. Gally chuckles, throwing his head back. I look at the ground, slightly embarrassed and afraid that I ruined the moment.

His laughs fade and I feel a hand on my face. Gally takes two fingers and lifts my chin up so that I'm looking at him again. My cheeks burn.

"Your face is red." He points out. Shit. I was hoping he wouldn't notice in the moonlight. Guess I was wrong.

"Moonburn." I blurt out. "It only happens to girls. You wouldn't have heard of it before."

Gally grins, resting his forehead against mine, a smile on his face.

"Of course. Makes perfect sense." He says with a chuckle. "Venus, I-"

I  cut him off. "Don't. You don't have to say anything."

Another smile from him. "Good. I'm not good at the emotional shit. Except for anger, I guess. Anger, I'm good at."

"Really? I had no idea." I reply, tilting my head with a grin. Gally rolls his eyes, pulling me in for another kiss.

"I don't think you understand the effect you have on me, Ven." He mutters when he pulls away.

I smile, my cheeks burning again.

"Do you want to stay?" I ask hopefully against his lips.

"Only if you want me to." He replies with a grin. God, his smile.

"No, I just offered because I hate you." I reply sarcastically, pulling away and standing on my feet regularly again. Gally rolls his eyes, but the grin is still plastered on his face. "Of course I want you to stay, Galpal."

I reach out to take hold of his hand, intertwining our fingers together as we walk towards my hut. Gally reaches out before I can, opening the door for me.

"Ladies first." He says with a goofy smile.

"You're ridiculous." I roll my eyes.

"You love it." He fires back. I walk through the threshold, flipping on the switch for the little lamp by my bed.

My eyes fall on the clothes stacked on my little desk and my face burns. There's no way in hell that I'm changing in front of Gally right now. We only shared a few kisses, but I don't want to go any farther than that right now. That's not the kind of girl that I am.

His hand falls on my waist and he presses a light kiss to my neck. He turns me towards him, looking into my eyes. He must be able to see the worry in them, because he says,

"You don't have to change in front of me, Ven. I'll go."

"Really?" I ask, breathing out a sigh of relief. I throw my arms around his neck, attacking him with a hug and a few kisses all across his face. "Thank you." I whisper, my face breaking into a smile. Who knew that someone so quick to anger could be so kind and caring.

When I pull away, Gally's face is bright red. He rubs his neck before saying,

"So, I guess I'll go and change real quick. Take your time." He presses a kiss to my cheek before leaving my hut. I immediately cover my face with my hands, jumping up and down in a circle. I force myself to hold back the excited screams that threaten to leave my mouth.

I kissed Gally! Not only that, but I kissed him multiple times!

And he liked it!!

I am so writing another poem about him tomorrow. I take a deep breath, calming myself down and quickly changing into my pajamas consisting of a pair of soft, flannel pants and an oversized T-shirt. 

I take a deep breath, shaking out my hands and running them through my hair. 

Gally's knock comes shortly after. I run to the door, opening it with a smile on my face. The smile quickly turns to a shocked expression as I take in his appearance. 

I guess I hadn't expected Gally to show up without a shirt.

My jaw is dropped. My face is burning. My eyes are wide. I can't tear them away from his toned body.

Gally chuckles, breaking me out of my trance. 

"I brought a shirt just in case you were uncomfortable, but this is how I usually sleep."

"N-no." I stutter, tearing my eyes away from his torso and looking up so that I can see his face. "It's fine. It's perfectly fine."

Gally smiles, a red tint on his face. I let him in, watching as he lays down in my bed, his body taking up almost all the space.

"Are you sure you're comfortable with this? We don't have to if you don't want to." He says, sitting up and propping himself against the wall.

"I'm positive, Wonder Boy." I make my way towards him, laying down next to his body. "I'm so, incredibly positive."

I rest my head on his chest as he lays down again, making himself comfortable. He snakes an arm around my waist, resting his hand on my stomach. The other hand threads into my hair.

"Will you sleep?" I ask quietly, trying not to disturb the peaceful silence in my hut.

"No. I don't want to wake you if I have a nightmare." He replies softly, but I can hear the pain in his voice. He wants so badly for one night of peace.

"Sleep." I whisper, running my fingers up and down his stomach lightly. His body tenses at my sudden movements, but he makes no effort to move away. Instead, his breath hitches in his throat. "I'll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you."

"With what?" He asks with a small laugh.

"My bare hands." I say. He hugs me closer and I breathe in the familiar scent. Earthy, like wood and dirt. He smells safe and familiar; like home.

"Whatever you want, Venus." He says. I can hear the drowsiness in his voice and his breaths becoming slower; deeper. 

"Goodnight, Gally." I whisper, continuing to run my fingers up and down his torso. He doesn't respond. He must already be asleep.