Minho's got quite an ego...

The sound of drums and cheering fills the quiet, peaceful night. Flaming, wooden sticks are passed around to the Keepers as the Gladers get ready to officially start the Bonfire.

"Light 'em up!" Alby hollers out the crowd of Keepers surrounding the pile of wood. They all throw the flaming sticks into the pile, causing the wood to erupt in a series of bright flames, lighting up the starry sky.

I join in on the cheering and clapping that begins the moment the flames touch the pile of wood. I grin as I watch the Gladers begin their night of wild, intoxicated fun.

Jars of Gally's special drink are passed around immediately. A few of the cooks are hitting makeshift drums in an attempt to make some music. A few Gladers attempt some flips, only one of them actually succeeding. The Gladers all chant out the word 'Greenie' until it begins to sound foreign to us all. I can't help but smile wider at the knowledge that the utter chaos of the Gladers being actual kids for a night will be ensuing until late tonight.

"Care for a drink?" I look up, meeting Minho's eyes. I smile and nod, gesturing for him to sit down beside me. He does, handing me the jar with the amber liquid before resting both forearms on his kneecaps, looking around at the Gladers.

I take a sip of the drink, wrinkling my nose at the burning sensation. 

"Jesus, you never get used to it, huh?" I ask, nearly coughing the second I swallow the drink. Minho chuckles, looking over at me.

"After a few drinks, I tend to forget about how disgusting the stuff is." He shrugs, taking a sip of his own.

"It never fails to taste like piss."

"Maybe you can convince big ol' Captain Gally to sweeten it up a bit. He's your boyfriend, after all."

"He won't." I reply shortly, looking over at the Builder, who's sitting with Frypan and Winston. I watch him smile, throwing his head back in laughter. "He always seems friendlier at Bonfires." I mutter with a small smile.

"Drunker, too." Minho mutters. I elbow him sharply in the rib cage before turning my attention back to Gally.

"He only has one of two glasses. He hates the stuff." I reply.

"He hates it but is the reason we have it? That doesn't add up." I glare at Minho. "I'm just sayin'! If he hates the stuff so much, why make it in the first place?"

"Ask him that question, not me."

"He'd kill me."

"He'd be doing us all a favor then." I mutter. Minho places his hand on his chest, his mouth agape in mock astonishment. 

"How could you say that?! Think about how dull your life would be without me!" 

"Fair point." I shrug, grinning at Minho. He smiles back, shaking his head and nudging me with his shoulder.

"What're your thoughts on the Greenie so far?" He asks after a moment of silence. I groan, running my hands through my hair. "That bad, huh?" Minho chuckles.

"He's so fucking annoying and it's driving me insane. He asks the dumbest questions and acts so entitled to everything! I spent about ten minutes with the kid and I already wanna throw him off the Cliff."

"My exact thoughts when you arrived." I turn my head to glare at Minho, elbowing him again when I see the grin on his face. He holds his hands up in surrender. "Just a joke."

I shake my head, groaning again before taking a sip of my drink.

"You seemed fine with him earlier."

"That was before he started talking shit about Gally." I reply.