047

LOADING...

ding! the sound of the doorbell made my ears perk up. my parents were out of the house — i had planned everything accordingly. i rushed over to the door and opened it, revealing blade, looking as handsome as ever. he raised his eyebrows, looking me up and down.

"you look beautiful, y/n." he said softly, reaching out his hand. i took it, smiling like an idiot, and shut the door, locking it.

"and you look handsome, bladie." i chuckled, squeezing his hand. "im so excited for tonight."

"i guess i am too." the corner of his mouth twitched. "come on, lets head over." we both walked towards his car, myself getting in the passenger seat.

"so.." he mumbled, starting to drive. i looked over, admiring his appearance: the way his bangs fell over his eyes, the concentrated expression as he drove, his hands on the steering wheel, and the way the tuxedo he wore fit his body perfectly. "you're staring y/n."

"hm..?" i shook my head to snap out of the daze. "okay, and what if i am?" i replied defensively. blade chuckled, turning into the docks where the cruise sat.

"so you admit you're staring?" he got out and opened the door for me. i stepped out, grabbing his hand.

"maybe, maybe not." i winked, holding his arm tightly. blade rolled his eyes, prying me off of him. before i could protest, his hand snaked around my waist, holding me close to him. i yelped in surprised as i was yanked close, my hand on his chest for support.

"jeez y/n, you're so clumsy." i scoffed, hitting him lightly.

"you're such a dick blade. but you totally love me." i teased as we walked in together. some people didnt notice, but others watched, wide-eyed as us two, rival acadec presidents walked into prom side by side.

"maybe i do, y/n." his grip tightened around my waist. "where do you wanna go first?"

"photo booth! come on, lets go." i grabbed blades arm and dragged him over to the line for the photo booth. but it was just our luck that we were behind...

"y/n!" himeko whipped around and embraced me, only to let go and noticed my hand intertwined with blades. she raised her eyebrows and looked at him. "im himeko."

"blade." he said blandly, squeezing my hand. himeko giggled and turned back around, not before whispering in my ear.

"you two are a cute couple."

couple?

couple. i smiled stupidly to myself, repeating the word in my head. couple. but.. it was just jokes. i didnt really like him, and he didnt really like me.

did he?

i shook my head. blade noticed my state and brought his lips close to my ear. "you okay?" i jumped slightly, feeling his warm breath.

"im fine, just thinking about... uhm, my parents." i lied, chuckling nervously. "im screwed when i get home."

"sucks." he said, monotone. i clicked my tongue in annoyance and turned away.

"asshole."

"i hate you." he whispered, as we stepped up to the camera. blade wrapped his arm around me, as we looked straight at the lens.

"i hate you too." i whispered back as the camera snapped.

a/n: guuuaaaahhhhh